Caesar O'gara's Journal

Discussion in 'Lore Thread' started by Kong, Apr 26, 2019.

1. #1 Kong, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 10:16 PM
    (All reports in this forum are written in character inside of Caesar O'garas journal that I frequently do @/me's for.)
    DO NOT COMMENT PLEASE!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The text before you is written on an old and crumpled piece of paper attached to the inside fold of the journal. The edges of the paper have been folded in and a splash of ink left on the bottom right corner of the page.

Dear Travelers,
    For those out there amongst the stars, we send this message from a distant planet. We on this planet in the year 1980, November 1, send this message to those who may intercept it to know of our existence. We today make history by sending a small colony of trained chimpanzees into orbit, to wrap around the planet for twelve years and ever so slowly increase there speed and slingshot into deep space. Where they will land we do not know. We don't even know if this message will even be received. These chimpanzees were modified by a drug developed by Gen-Sys laboratories. The drug acts as a neural amplifier which causes the chimpanzee to evolve at a much faster rate while maintaining their physical attributes. The chimpanzee will have enough food and water to survive for twenty years on there own. With the help of there hibernation pods, we can send them ever so far into space with the hope that while traveling at one hundred times the speed of light their life span will ever so increase, leading them to survive in space for longer.
    From, Doctor Walsh

___________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE: A BEGINNING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #1:

The flight takes liftoff, the ground rumbles beneath the seats. Fifty of our kind are sent in a rocket into orbit where we will stay in hibernation for twelve years, wrapping around the planet. I can hear the alert now, it is time to enter hibernation. The next time we will awaken is to refuel to the rocket for secondary launch. Subject one signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #2:

Those who have been trained in recharging the station have awakened. We are doing our best to set up for an upcoming asteroid field. If we cannot get this shuttle ready in the next week we will be lost in space. The asteroid field stretches out across a one hundred and sixty two-mile radii, we cannot avoid it but we can try to direct ourselves through it. Recharging station six has been offline due to an early on complication, our other chimpanzee are doing their best to repair it. Subject one signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #7:

Our daily tasks on board the ship have left many of my crew unpleased. We have all decided to give ourselves real names. I've been given the name Ander. Another chimpanzee by the name of Flekar has been very supportive to me in my time in command. She is my right paw gal, she is one of the chimpanzees who work on the solar reflective paneling and fusion core reactor on board the ship. I don't know how she can do a job like that. This time we will not be going into hibernation for the next jump. We will be jumping four thousand light years forward. It seems the people who designed this ship for us did not know its true capabilities. Some of the other chimpanzees in engineering have found a way to save us fuel and stretch our jumps even farther without the burning of extra fuel which could be put to heating. Deep space is cold at all times, many of our chimpanzees have been bunking together due to this. Our hair just doesn't seem to cut with the cold of deep space. I've chosen to sleep with Flekar, strictly in a working relationship. Subject one Ander signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry # 17:

Our final jump is upon us. Things with Flekar have gotten to a serious point. We have taken it out of the work relationship phase to a more romantic relationship phase. On board this ship we have four chimpanzee nurses. Something tells me they will be of use when we arrive on the new planet. My scientist aboard tells me that they are getting strange pulses from the planet that they cannot comprehend. Hopefully, it is nothing bad. Our cameras aboard the ship recently caught glimpse of a star we were passing by to gather solar energy from. Flekar says that the best thing about space is the void. The void is quiet she says, peaceful. She says that it may be scary but it's so quiet and peaceful that there is truly nothing to be afraid of. Our final jump is in two days, the chimpanzee is on high alert. Ander signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #28:

We have finally arrived at our planet. It seems to have no life, but our earlier scans show vast vegetation growing under the planets thick layer of clouds. Maybe this new home wouldn't be so bad. Luckily Flekar and I have decided to bear a child. One of our main objectives to this home planet was to colonize it, and its what we intend to do. Flekar is fixated on the name Flarnen so I guess to make the lady happy that's what I'll allow. We've also decided on the last name for our family, O'gara. He was apart of a very bad and tacky version of apes taking over the planet movie. Somehow those humans liked it and stored it aboard our ship to watch. Ander O'gara signing out.

2. #2 Kong, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 10:16 PM
    CHAPTER TWO: NEW LIFE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #87:

This new planet brought many wonders. It is also the home of my daughter Flarnen. She is so beautiful, with the brightest eyes I've ever seen. We have allowed ourselves to relax more. Our homes are now established and everything is going well. Our scientist did the mathematical work of how far we traveled from our planet to find out that we traveled roughly twenty-five thousand, six hundred and twelve light years. We have come so far to fail now that it is no longer an option. We will start a new age of ape. We will use the mistakes that the humans made to fuel our civilization and right there wrongs. Weirdly enough a strange man in robes came to us. He has been very kind and even given us food. What a face he had on when he found out we could talk. He was so surprised to see anything that even looked like us. He kept mumbling something about a species called the 'Talz' and saying that we must have been an ancestor to them. We explained to him that we were from a far planet with life who had no clue of any other existence of life. He also said that he could feel something in me and was sensing much power and wisdom from me and Flekar. Ander O'gara signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #94:

The strange robed man has been teaching us many ways to fight in ways we have never known before. He is also trying to teach us of an entity called 'the force'. He tells us it is the thing that binds all living things together but I simply do not believe that. My science proves that the thing really binding us together is atoms. But Flekar and Flarnen have been listening to his studies and have shown increase strength and agility. Maybe this man truly knows what he is speaking about. We will keep him around for awhile, he is very kind and does not ask of much. He has even shown me his hunting weapon of choice, a laser beam which ignites from a strange metallic hilt. A red beam would shine from the blade, almost in an angry manner. He has told me if we follow his lessons he will show us how to craft one of our own. Ander O'gara signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #98:

Flarnen has been acting strange recently. Her mood swings have been irrational even for her taste. She has been wearing a mask recently given to her by the robed man. I went to go confront him of the mask and he has left his hut. I sent our chimpanzee out to find the man to question him and found him with my daughter, teaching her to crack a 'crystal'. I knew not of what was going on but I knew well enough that this was not right. All the things he had taught us about a force and then causing our daughter to turn on us was not alright. The man drew his hunting blade which now crackled against the forest ground. The chimpanzee with us drew there fellow hunting blades the man had shown us to craft and attacked. My daughter fled into the forest during the fight and the man battled on with us. In the process he managed to scar me on my right eye, but we were to much in the end. We took the mans hunting blade and encased him in a cell of metal from our ship. He will stay there till we can question him for his acts and find my daughter. Ander O'gara signing off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #347:

It's been four years since we had an encounter with the robed man. He still lays barren in our cage for him. Flarnen has yet to return home. The council of apes was formed to protect us from outsiders, which I was put at the head of. As our first act, we banned the used of hunting blades in which the man had taught us to use. In secret, I sneak off every night to continue the training that the man had given me. I may be old now but I feel younger than ever. Ape war has broken out recently. Those who did not want to give up the way of the hunting blade caused war with all. Flekar has become pregnant once again. This time the doctor has told us that it is a boy. We have decided on the name Kryten and the middle name 'Koba', both from the strange ape movie that was sent with us. We will use Flarnens mistakes to guide us through teaching him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #354:

The war with apes has nearly ended. My son Kryten has been kept from the eye of the fighting, needing him not to know of this barbaric lifestyle. I teach him the ways of the hunting blade that the man taught us. Could I teach him differently? Could I change what would happen if it went wrong again? Who knows. I feel in my heart that he will have to know to fight. I am teaching him the minimum amount I can without going too far, but something is different. When he was born the robed man shook in his cage as if he could feel him being born. Something tells me my son must be 'different', like the robed man. Only time will tell. He has become very fascinated by the engineering skills that we had to learn coming here. He has watched every film, read every book, and even written his own theories on scientific methods. I have to say, he gets it from his mother. There is no way in the world I could do the things he can do. He is by far the smartest of us all, which makes him the most dangerous. I will keep him close.

A bloody paw print is left on the last mark of the page. A leather wrap covers the paper. The leather is clearly ripped at from the sides as if someone had tried to claw it open. A tiny shard of metal from the original ship they came in is lodged into the side of the leather labeled 'Our Home'

3. #3 Kong, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:34 AM
    CHAPTER THREE: TRAINING IN SILENCE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #1:

Earlier this year the Jedi Council had found out of my existence. Instead of giving them my birth name I've decided to give them a false one instead. They know me as "Caesar". They had been transporting a man to a prison on the far side of my home planet. When they had seen the war and conflict that had ripped apart the land they had sent down two of their Jedi to find out what had happened. The war that had ripped apart the land only left a few survivors. My sister Flarnen had led the enemy's right to the remaining survivors. Those who had not died in the war surly have died now. The Jedi took note that there had been conflict in the land. They began to set up a small station where they spent the night. My sister Flarnen attacked the Jedi with those of her followers. The Jedi tried to act peacefully thinking that they had just disturbed some local animals that had lived here, but it was too late. Flarnen and her troops ripped them apart as I watched from a distance, too weak to stop it from happening. I don't know how but I could almost feel their deaths as if it took away from my own soul. Maybe it was guilt but I couldn't let this get in the way of what was to happen. I needed to survive. Later that day those Jedi's had come back to pick up the two who had left the group. All they found were their robes ripped to shreds and blood splashed all over their camp site. One of the Jedi had looked at me and told me to halt but I ran. I ran to my house where I locked the door but in a fit of rage, the Jedi ripped the door off its hinges. I sat under the flood boards of my hut and waited for the man to leave but he felt my presence. He ripped me from out of the floorboards and held me by the foot dangling me in front of his face. The rage cleared from his eyes as he noticed that I was just a boy. He put be down gently and apologized for what he had done and began to pick up the shattered door and put it back on its hinges. He sat with me as I went and fetched him tea. He sat with me asking questions then looked towards the shelf in my hut and noticed a lightsaber. He sat confused and looked at me. I could feel this mans mind, almost as if we were linked. I guess the man could feel the same cause shortly after he asked me to come with him and promised to return me home. From that point on he brought me to the Jedi Council where he presented me. The council looked in silence as they were confused as to what I was. Later on in the day that had me go through a test which I apparently had passed. They told me that I would have the choice to be trained to use the power that I had for good. I grabbed a nearby piece of paper and wrote out in their native language that I agreed but I wished to stay at my home planet for the war was not over. The Council decided that they would choose a master to train you and come back and forth three times a month to do so. The Council picked the new master Koriand'r Stratton. She was a nice lady and this meant I would embark on a new journey. One that could help me force the tide of the war.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #2:

On my first day of training with Master Koriand'r she told me of how the force surrounded all of us and bound us together as one. She taught me how the Jedi are the people who followed the force and studied it and used it to keep a balance in the universe. She also warned me of its danger. Master Koriand'r was an odd woman, she didn't speak much and when she did she only spoke mostly as a lesson. I don't think she likes me that much, maybe its something to do with her, but I'll try not to question. She may be odd but a very wise woman indeed. She speaks of the past 'padawans' she has had. I feel as if this next part of my journey will be an odd but beautiful one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #30:

Master Koriand'r has started to ease up to me. I think she just needed time to learn who I was and what I truly stood for. A part of me thinks that it's not me that makes her like this but I put that away when its time to train. Master had me lift her fighter today. She instructed me to clear my mind and focus on the fighter. Surely enough I lifted the fighter and felt different. It's weird how the force works, it makes you feel powerful and yet so small at the same time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #57:

Its been a full year with Master Koriand'r and I think we have become friends then just me being her padawan. She tells me of the ship she is stationed on and all the people there. I think one day when the war is finally over I will join her on that same journey. She also tells me of the clone army and how they go through missions daily that will leave them with memories to large for their minds to comprehend. The training with Master Koriand'r has truly been a blessing. I now truly understand the force in a new way then what my father had only thought of teaching me. The things I've learned will truly change the tide of the war and help me in my effort to bring peace back to my kind and one day live the dream that my father had shared with me. I've also got to learn to keep up with these entries, they are just so boring to write.

4. #4 Kong, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    CHAPTER FOUR: AN ODD MAN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #248:

A lot has changed since my last time writing in this journal. I've risen to the rank of Knight and the classification of Consular now. Everything seems to be happening so slowly. The Order has begun to prosper since a purge that took place a few years prior. Since then I've taken on three padawans who now all have become knights or fallen in battle. New masters have risen as old masters have fallen, with one master, in particular, seems quite odd. A master by the name of Cerberus has come aboard our ship. I took notice to him as he took notice to me. Something feels familiar about him, a certain pull in the force. I will keep an eye on him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #249:

I've taken and lost a padawan in the span of three weeks. His name was Jitsukawa, from Joemalia. He had a robotic armor set with highly advanced equipment embedded inside of it. After the short and quick bond we developed, he had to return home to continue his kingship. He did, however, grant me his armor. Sadly I am far to small for it so I've had it stored away. Besides my time with my padawan I've also had time to fight alongside this new master. Cerberus is very odd, almost distant from most others. He seems to have taken a liking to me. In one of our last on field missions, we visited a facility. After the mission was complete we headed to EVAC and much to our surprise were attacked by some strange forces. Cerberus and I stayed behind to ensure the clones and other Jedi's could EVAC safely. After a battle that had us bruised and somewhat beaten we found our way to an outpost and called for a shuttle back. I had some other small business to deal with after my return and I'm currently in a ship back to the Burst Link Venator. Master Cerberus has called for me in the meeting hall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #250:

This news has left me dazed. After entering the meeting hall with my Republic Commando leader guarding the door to ensure the most privacy I was struck with a conversation with Cerberus. Cerberus began to talk to me about my future, what I desired with it. After an unsettling about of silence, he reached for his helmet and took it off. What was held underneath that helmet didn't phase me, but what was said after would. There I stood eye to eye with Crow, the traitor to the Republic, the slaughter of Jedi. I had known of him through past encounters and even though my master Koriand'r who spoke of him thrusting his saber into her master's stomach. He told me of his intentions with the Jedi, what he was really here for. General Resh had stroke a deal with Crow. Both men knew of a greater threat to the Jedi than Crow ever could be. Crow spoke about how his desire was not to kill the Jedi, but to actually keep us alive. He wished to see us fight in the galaxies greatest fight, with all the catalyst begin used. When I asked Crow why he'd reveal himself to me he told me that it had to be me. I wasn't too aggressive like my master but knew how to duel. He also took notice of how level-headed I was during combat, not one to rush ahead and panic. He imbued me with a fraction of his force energy, making me more powerful than before. What came next disturbed me. He spoke of the promise I was given by the force. The promise that I'd be the one to kill Crow, and that I'd have to promise to become balanced in the force to do so. With that promise came a powerful crystal, the crystal of serenity. A monument to that promise. Crow began to speak of how he knew this promise, and how he knew I'd be the one to kill him. I did not want to kill Crow, but if I had too I would. Crow spoke of seeing the light inside me but I also saw the light inside him. He's not completely gone, just turned off his path.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #251:

Shortly after I spoke with Crow he took me downstairs to the dueling room. He then proceeded to speak to me about a holocron that the Jedi had found on a past mission. The holocron apparently glowed when near me, signaling that I had some part in opening it. Crow began to show me the Cresent Art, a form of lightsaber combat that he developed when he was still a Jedi. He began to slowly teach me it, the elegance of it. He showed me a new way of looking at my saber. Rather than it being an object to slice through a foe, he showed me it as a way of art. I will write down everything he has taught me in a later page so I do not forget.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Entry #267:
    Crow has been severely injured in battle. His armor sticks to his skin due to the burns he endured. Knowing that the Jedi would act rash if they discovered who he was I swiftly took charge of the situation. I made sure that the medic did not remove his helmet, but treat his other wounds. I know who he truly is, and I also know my promise. No, I do not wish to let this terrible evil go free but I do not want to see a battle take place on this ship. If he were to be assaulted we would lose the possibility of speaking with him, and the possible loss of other Jedi's. I am not stupid, I know what I must do. To keep him alive I have had Padawan Jitsukawa's armor pulled from storage. Crow will be placed in it to ensure he is kept alive. He will need to spend more time in the bacta tank until he is fully healed from his injuries. I've taken this chance to inform the people I trust of his identity. Guardian Koriand'r Stratton, Republic Commando Victoriam, Alpha 13 Mustang, Padawan Desmond Zhou, and Consular Jethro Lang. I've decided to keep this secret as tight as possible. These are the people of which I know the most about and know they will not leak this information. Knowing that Crow is still dangerous I had Victoriam plant a tracker on the armor of Jitsukawa which Crow will be placed inside. If Crow is to find the tracker it will short circuit, not before sending his last location to us. Again, I am not stupid, I know what I must do.[​IMG]

5. #5 Kong, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    (The following is written onto a back page of "Chapter Four: An Odd Man" as a follow up to the Crescent Art that Caesar O'gara learned via Crow. As of writing this only Caesar O'gara and Crow himself know this art form. )

The crescent art was taught to me by Crow as an art style, not a way to win. The secrets of this stance lie within Crow's teaching, which I now know and have begun my journey to master. With it, I will be able to help the order prosper and live long and happily.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. #6 Kong, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:18 PM
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:42 AM

CHAPTER FIVE: A PROMISE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #341:

The Order has declared me a master, meaning I have new responsibilities to uphold. High Master Pembleton, an old friend, made me a master himself. This is an honor that only a few are bestowed with. I've heard the rumors of masters and how they tend to go missing after a while, some calling it the curse of the masters. This is but a silly rumor that the knights spread around to allow themselves some humor. But to make sure of this I've taken a small leave of absence and headed to a small island of the coast of a republic base on some planet. I did this in order to clear my mind and get my priorities straight. Hopefully, this will help me clear my mind of what has happened as of recently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #342:

Its been a day and I've set up a small campsite with the tools I've been supplied with. The five years of my life surviving alone before getting noticed by the republic helped with the ease into settling down for the short amount of time I will reside on this island. The weather isn't too bad here either. Not too rainy, but a slight drizzle every few days or so. The fish life in the area allows for a nice meal every night, along with the MRE's that I've been supplied with. So far I haven't been able to clear my mind fully, but keeping active with fishing and survival has helped slightly. My greatest worries still reside with Crow. He's such an odd person, very hard to read. His intention is to access the Hol Grail and rid the universe of evil, but I believe the way in which doing so will lead to the deaths of many innocent. On paper, it sounds noble. The sacrifice of a few innocent so that trillions more will be able to prosper in peace. But with this, it means this new world will be rid of possible billions of innocent life, a trade I wouldn't be willing to take.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #345:

Sleep hasn't been ideal during my stay here. I lay awake at night trying to get some sleep but I cannot. My mind is too flushed with possibilities for the future. I don't know if its the force trying to show me something or just my own imagination. The force has communicated with me in the past and felt similarly but now it feels faint. For the first time in my life, I experience true fear. I fear for myself and the safety of others. I dwell on the thought of the deaths of those I care for. A Jedi's emotions must be suppressed, not leading them to make rash choices. This idea of living with no emotion can be hard at times, but I do a good job of managing it. Whenever I feel myself slipping I can usually close my eyes and connect with the force, allowing the thoughts to be pushed out of my mind, but with the idea of Crow's ascendancy, I can't. Something about it haunts me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Entry #348:

Its been a full week since my arrival and still, I am troubled by everything. I have however been able to trace it back to the root problem, the promise I made to the force. I realize that becoming balanced with the force would mean going down a path of emotion, something I would not do. It seems like a reckless path, one that would lead to more evil.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #352:

I've continued to study the Cresent Form, using what I was taught to ease my mind. This seems to help, focusing on one thing. Focusing on myself rather than others. I've come close to mastering the form, close enough to beating Crow. I do not know what I will do when we cross paths with Crow again, but I know that I must detain him. After detaining him comes the choice of letting him live. I've heard whispers from the Jedi before leaving saying that he was too powerful to be kept alive. This is a mindset that clearly is based on emotion. As I sit here I think the best way to fulfill my promise to the force is to detain him and find a way to strip him of his connection to the force. After that, he is simply but a man with knowledge. The only threat after that would be the said knowledge, one that can be resolved with an eight-foot steel wall in the way of him and anyone else.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry #361:

I've imagined Crow coming out of the waters surrounding me, ready to end me. This is but a thought, but one that is brought to life through the force. I can imagine it so vividly. I've decided to head back to the Burst Link Venator now after my three-week leave of absence. I've cleared my mind enough to head back and continue my duties as a master. I won't let my fear consume me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Entry #362:

I've taken off for the Burst Link Venator, now free of the idea of Crow from my mind. This experience has let me focus on my training and further ready myself for him. I will have to face him one day, but this time it will be out of hope, not fear. I also feel confident that I will be ready when he finally confronts me. I will hold my promise to the force, but in my own way.