FloodTamer's Vortigaunt Application

Discussion in 'Vortigaunt Applications' started by FloodTamer, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 FloodTamer, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Steam Name: [BLN][CGC]FloodTamer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32753103

Character Name: Gurr'not

What whitelists are you currently apart of?: Citizen and CP

How long have you been playing Half-Life 2 Roleplay?: Since the 29th of July

How long have you been playing on our servers?: See above ^

Why do you want to be a Vortigaunt?: I believe being a Vortigaunt would lead to fun passive rp and such.

Do you have any experience as playing a Vortigaunt? No, I haven't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give an example of Vortigaunt Roleplay (Enslaved and Freed):
    Enslaved:

Gurr'not begins cleaning the dirty floor

Gurr'not has rolled 54.

The floor is much cleaner than before.

Gurr'not has rolled 46.

The floor is spotless compared to what it had been a while ago

Gurr'not taps into his Vortessense and tries to turn on the whole room's lightbulbs on.

Gurr'not rolls a 81.

The light bulbs stay on for a minute and turns off.

Gurr'not rolls a 19.

The light bulbs turn back on again and doesn't turn off or flicker.

Gurr'not pants a little.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give an example for a proper Enslaved Vortigaunt roleplaying description:

The Vortigaunt wears a special and extremely strong collar and wristbands.

Which pronouns do Vortigaunts not use?: They do not use first person pronouns (I, my, etc.) instead they talk about the species as the whole or to a single person. (You, etc.)

Do you know the basics of Vortigaunt Speech? List 3 examples:
    For one to wish of the complete removal and clearing of the Combine, is inconcievable. (The Combine are almost impossible to get rid of)
    Chur lung gong chella gurr? (Can you repeat the question?)
    The specific entity in which you wanted cleared is now cleansed. (I have cleaned what you wanted)

Provide a backstory for your character? (Minimum 1 paragraph): Gurr'not was one of the vortigaunts which was enslaved by the alien leader Nihilanth. After the death of Nihilanth and the 7 hour war, Gurr'not was put into slavery by the Combine. Gurr'not always did his duty since he was cuffed as many other Vortigaunt did. Even when seeing rebels he would be ignored and not helped. Now he is still enslaved which brings his story to now.

Do you accept the fact that you will be an Enslaved Vortigaunt, equipped with a large, extremely durable and expensive collar with mechanised locks?: Yes, I will not be able to break them or use my Vortessense.

Do you understand that you will only be able to make two Vortigaunt characters?: Yes, three Vortigaunt characters would be too much.

Do you understand that abuse of the whitelist can have it revoked from you at any time by a staff member?: Of course, if I do not play and continue to play correctly as a Vortigaunt then it would be needed.

2. Please fix the, "Which pronouns do Vortigaunts not use?".

Pronoun; a word that can function by itself as a noun phrase and that refers either to the participants in the discourse (e.g., I, you )

The question is asking, of the list of pronouns, which ones are not used when a vortigaunt speaks english.

3. 1+ Overall you're application is okay, It's good in my books ~ Oliver

4. ACCEPTED

Congratulations, your Half-Life 2 Roleplay application has been accepted. Seek a Super Admin+ for a faction whitelist and character training/assignment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.