(!) IN REGARDS TO +1's or -1's on applications (!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joshua Clark, Jul 29, 2017.

1. +1's and -1's now will be relegated to:
    CURRENT STAFF
    COMMANDING OFFICERS
    EXECUTIVE OFFICERS

APPLICATIONS ARE BEING TAINTED BY +1's FROM USERS WHO AREN'T IN POSITION TO +1
    Resh and Mustang can both +2 or -2

STAFF MEMBERS MAY ONLY +1 WITHIN THEIR OWN BRANCH
    EG: EVENTMASTERS MAY NOT +1 STAFF APPS AS WELL AS VICE VERSA

This is to help keep the integrity of applications intact.

Thanks,
    Mustang

327th Hopper likes this.
  2. I may no longer play on the server so I will only say this. Taking the power away from the majority of players is a poor idea and only allowing people who are already in power being the only ones who can put others into power is a very bad idea.

II Douglas S042 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knights and above can +1 also but what's the limit on that?

4. I want the opinion of people who stayed around and show they care about people they work with. Why should I take a +1 from a CT with no staff experience?

Shay, TheGeek and Resh like this.
  5. i like this idea so COs XOs and staff. can plus 1 and since one both CO and EM can i plus one both staff and em or just EM

6. Because they're still a community member and their say should be heard.

7. Of course they're say matters, but people get angry when an application has 10+ +1's or so and the application gets denied due to none of them stating any legitimate reasons. This is to bring the legitimacy back to staff apps.

TheGeek and Gary like this.
  8. I have to agree with this aspect it dosent make much sense for a CT to be +1ing staff apps just cuz they like that person

TheGeek and Resh like this.
  9. I can see the reasoning behind this decsion, however I disagree on the basis that this will create a wall-of-silence effect among staff. Ergo: the staff make all the decisions, without accordance to the actual player base they are serving, and so on basically locking out their opinion.
    Of course this also includes XOs and above (Knights+), but making opinions a nitpicky, selective object doesn't do any good.
    I'd prefer there be enforcement to how +1s/-1s are handled. Requiring a reason, and an example.
    However, perhaps that's not the best way. I don't know, personally.

Nemesis likes this.
  10. I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here. Sure, having the communities opinion on an app is nice, but how many people in this community are mingy? I'm sure you guys don't want minges +1-ing apps. Leaving it open to staff members, CO's, and XO's is probably the best option. The CO's and XO's on the server have earned that position. They've made a name for themselves. They've proved that they're not minges, and most of them can tell when someone is unfit or mingy.

But whaddya know, I'm just some dude nobody remembers.

ily Mustang/

TheGeek, BLN Nick, Gary and 2 others like this.
  11. o not me fuck you i see how it is
    jk ily
    and yes

TheGeek likes this.
  12. This entirely makes sense. I don't agree with it, but it's honestly better than otherwise. Perhaps this can be expanded on later, but this is not a bad option.

13. Resh ily2

I'll buy you a Pizza and we'll smash

14. As stated here this is definitely not the solution nor final, however it is a stepping stone to a better application system.

15. ayyy lmao

Hector and TheGeek like this.
  16. Can i secretly be a staff member yolo

17. Rood
    Jk ily

Buck likes this.
  18. I technically still have staff powers in star wars... So that means I got the power of the mighty +

19. Also on a serious note, does this affect all applications or only towards Staff and Event Masters, after reading your responses I do get where you are directed I still want to make sure I am not mistaken.