Longbolt Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals/Request' started by Magnus, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. #1 Magnus, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Your SteamID:
    Wedge
    (https://steamcommunity.com/id/_wedge)
    (STEAM_0:1:62872192)​

Who Banned You:
    I believe Resh banned me during the course of an event (not exactly sure).​

When did you get banned?
    01/14/2018​

How long were you banned for?
    Permanent banning with no set end date. I’ve been banned for about 38 weeks now.​

What was the reason for your ban?
    I believe I was banned for complaints about interrupting events and generally not keeping in character. I wasn’t warned immediately before the ban about my activity, but may have had outstanding warnings for unrelated things (to my best recollection); however, I had been inflammatory aboard the ship prior to my eventual ban. I assume it would all fall under rule: ‘8. No trolling, being a smart ass, shooting people without killing them, spamming props, etc.’

Please explain clearly what happened:
    The immediate situation leading up to my ban: I interrupted a monologue from an event character, sit abused into a restricted area, and quite likely ignored PTS orders. I believe I was confused as to what was going on, and tried to gain access to the restricted area. In retrospect, I could have just PM’ed someone for details instead of butting in.​

Why do you think the action was unfair?
    No prior warnings were given about my actions related directly to the ongoing event. I hadn’t been directly addressed about my behavior (no PMs, DMs, ect). Of course, since I had been disruptive with increasing frequency on the server as a whole, perhaps that was the last straw, and looking back, very understandable.​

Additional notes:
    I realize now my behavior was not considerate of event masters, participants, fellow clones, and server members at large. Everyone comes here to have a good time. Goofing around too much and spoiling atmosphere isn’t kind, and not reflective of behavior I started out with on BLN. I feel that a significant amount of time has passed, I’m at a new place in life, and want to recommit myself to what my former OC Magnus once stood for, and not what Longbolt became known for. I’m fully willing to let bygones be bygones, and am thankful for any opportunity to play on BLN once again. Sorry for any hard feelings; even still, I completely understand if this appeal is denied. I can only regret the good deal of patience I wore thin. I just want to return to the light side of RP.​

Hector likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

Kerk and Resh like this.
  3. I hope all is forgiven, it's been a long time and people change.

Hector and Magnus like this.
  4. @Shay Yeah, I don't know who I am either.

5. I hope so too and thanks for the support.

My app might be a bit edgier than it needs to be, but it's sincere. I ghosted out and waited to get my shit in order.

Hector likes this.
  6. You happened to be Deadbolt at some point?

7. Yes, I played as Deadbolt the ARC.

HeroCorey likes this.
  8. So was this the discord post thing or did i miss something

9. No, you didn't miss anything. I'm the same ᴡᴇᴅɢᴇ, as on Discord. My intention wasn't to lead anyone on. I just didn't want to act prematurely, and force BLN stuff onto #general channel; since, that was the channel people contacted me about rejoining the Discord server.

In hindsight, maybe replying in #bln-related about who I was would have been simpler and caused less confusion. Then again, I didn't feel necessarily conformable posting there until my appeal was submitted. Lastly, since I haven't actually been on the server, I really didn't want to derail discussion over something that doesn't effect all that many people. Sorry for any confusion.

10. Oooh I remember u

Magnus likes this.
  11. woah I remember you now

Magnus likes this.
  12. Yeah, my time away from the server has been quite a while. I'm sure a great deal of stuff has changed since.

13. ALOT

14. Were you also in DC around the time of Johnson?

15. #15 Magnus, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    I can see why you might make that connection. At the time Horn and DC were bunked across from one another.

I served as an auxiliary ARC for some time adjunct to Horn company. I can't remember when exactly, but around that time MW server become a thing. Quick side note: I was actually the one to suggest the name (Master Works) as part of a joke, but it eventually was used as the name of the server. I think the then Eeth Koth went inactive, and I went back to being a stand alone ARC. After some time Mustang also went on hiatus along with a large number of ARC, and most might remember Deadbolt during that era.

Eventually, I rose to become MSGT, but also went inactive. Eventually, upon return from hiatus my position was lost. Prompted to return, I was scouted by Amatex, then Bester, and became part of the 41st as Longbolt. Personal issues aside, I didn't keep up the quality of RP I should have. My shenanigans were a bit too much - hence the appeal.

Of course, I'm past that part of my life. Coping with stress is a great deal easier now since graduation - well despite a one and a half hours commute. Different medication, and being closer to home means I feel prepared to put in some serious effort, and maybe even contribute for events (acting/assisting EM/etc).

EDIT: content, spelling

Hector likes this.
  16. Rip my nigga Kazkids );

Drew, Magnus and OrangeBeard like this.
  17. Yea man, this person has been with us at least since January of last year. He was a good ol' ARF and ARC. He was selected to join ARC the same day I was, and we were part of the ARF revival period under Pablo. Now I can't speak for his actions that got him banned since I didn't play on the server then, but I feel it's been quite some time and should have another chance to play.

Magnus likes this.
  18. Accepted. Tonight add me on steam and after work I’ll message you to get your ip to remove you from the ban list.

Hector likes this.
  19. Thank you for your consideration and accepting my appeal.

I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'll send the address ASAP.

Hector likes this.