My Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by OrangeBeard, May 10, 2019.

1. Steam Name: Snotbucket

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:50365462

Hours played on the server: 4 Weeks + time before a time reset

What is your age? 20

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers? No

What attributes can you bring to our server? I’m chill, I don’t lash out at people, I’m friendly and welcoming to new players.

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server? Yes I do

Will you be active on our server? Yes I will

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems? Yes

Do you know all the rules for the server? Yes

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server? I believe so

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for?

1. I spelt !comlink wrong so it didn’t send a private comlink message and everyone in my area could see what I typed during DB. I got warned a couple times/kicked when that happened.
    The message was the N-word meant for krill

2. Nord was being a bad guy for an on ship event and he cloaked himself, but i could still see him, so I shot him and he warned me.

3. I said the N word in OOC and got 3 warns.

4. I said F in OOC during an event when someone died and got warned

5. Recently we were doing an OOC event on naar shada. There were cops, civis and gang members. Crusty and I chose police and decided to be religion police creating a caliphate. I played a Nasheed through my mic and pluto warned me.

6. I said /me creampies and was warned

I would like to add that I’ve learned my lesson and started to watch what I say in OOC.

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words)

I am applying to staff because Resh has said in game and on the discord that he wants people applying to staff, so I am taking this opportunity to give back to the community. I want to help build and keep this community thriving. I have been fairly active since early 2017, except for the summer LOA I took due to work. I spend a lot of time in the TS and am active on discord. Even if I’m not on the GMod server, I’m still in the TS server a lot incase people have modeling questions. If made staff, this will help increase the availability of a staff member in case someone needs a whitelist or has an issue. I know the rules of the server, and will enforce them, but I won’t be a total Nazi. And I used to be a staff on RDH and EM trainee on BLN so I am familiar with the commands.

Thank you for your consideration,

Cotton

2. +1 I’m tired af from work so imma keep this short. Nigga is basically already staff from making models, but that aside seen him as staff and that he can spawn shit in for people and all that admin shit needed. He is super friendly and he’s Canadian to reassure that.

3. I may type up an actual +1 to this, but for now, basing Orangebeard and Paik being nice off the fact that they are Canadian is like saying that Crim rides kangaroos in the outback daily.

they are potentially the two most fucked up canadians i've ever met. but they still homies and chill

4. +1 This freaking raccoon smells tbh. He's active and responds without any issues from what I've seen so far. Hopefully, the N-word tossing dies down a little when he gets staff, or just keeps it in DMs doesn't mistype !p.

loser.

501st SPC Acapelican likes this.
  5. You already know my decision but what’s your response to when you go on your farm vacation at summer? ( I believe you leave every summer to a farm or something, I swear that was you and if it was another person I’m sorry )

6. About your application, answering "Yes" to everything doesn't give us enough information. For future reference, please provide at least one of the following:
    • Example(s)
    • What you are currently doing to achieve said question
    • How you handle situations regarding said question
    Thank you for being honest in your warns section and I have noticed you have calmed down since then.

In my honest opinion, I currently do not see a reason to immediately want you on the staff team. But, I do not see a reason to not have you on the staff team. If I were Resh, I would wait for further applicants before considering approval/disapproval.

+0

7. I`m not going to the farm again. I`m staying local for work this summer.

Artus likes this.
  8. He’s gonna be Buck from R6

9. Difference is, that's exactly what crim does

10. Seag makes a good point here.

Just like Hero, and Crit (Though crit has massively improved) when it comes to thinking of people who should or shouldn't be staff, I can't think of you. All I think of you is the good new modelmaker and the 10th that micspams a lot or is quiet, however you are also a long term member and shown dedication by modeling and being here for quite a long time.

Seag's points of the simple 'Yes" is valid. Though saying yes is valid, compared to others--it doesn't quite show as much effort as others.

If it's more than enough desires and what you want in staff and you believe you can put in the effort, work, dealing with the idiots and yet still feel as you can hold your own as staff, then by all means I hope you get staff as that's exactly what I'm looking for.

As Seag said, I'll wait for more people to give their thoughts before Lut or I make a choice.

+0

Void likes this.
  11. Honestly I don't like people putting "I"m chill" on staff apps, doesn't look very serious. Also I'm not one to talk about the N-word, but you just gotta relax with saying it on the server (Not that i've seen you do it, just based on the wars) like that stuff in server is a big no no, outside the server not as much.

This warn kinda seems like bullshit to be honest. Anyways, I've never seen you get warned, or do anything malicious towards anyone, and you really don't have all that many warnings considering you've been here for 2 years. Otherwise I think you'd a great addition to the staff team. +1

Krill and Hector like this.
  12. I agree you are very active and friendly to players. You could help out quickly if a problem occurs. You do have warns which I do look down on because you shouldn't have them in the first place. You are a bit retarded at times not going to lie, but so is half the people here. You say you don't have staff experience, so who knows how you'll actually perform like one. The app is a bit "bland" in my book. But other than that I've seen good intentions in-game and out, and think you would be a good choice for staff. And if you get denied I ain't crying either. So going to +1 this. I don't give these out unless I truly feel the person is deserving of one. And I hope people don't see this as a 10th bias either.

Kerk, DaFuzionzz, Void and 3 others like this.