Pluto's Vortigaunt Application

Discussion in 'Vortigaunt Applications' started by Pluto the MLG Doge, Aug 15, 2017.

1. #1 Pluto the MLG Doge, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Steam Name: (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づPluto

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37812945

Character Name: Rit'ya

What whitelists are you currently apart of?: Currently only CWU.

How long have you been playing Half-Life 2 Roleplay?: I haven't played Half-Life 2 RP much at all, actually. In fact, I first started playing HL2 RP when BLN opened their server for it. I logged on and enjoyed the aspects of Citizen & Combine life, especially as I enjoy the games.

How long have you been playing on our servers?: I haven't really played on BLN for quite awhile, I logged on once on the Clone Wars server to teach Resh to play a game, a second time to help Resh with a Revanite event, and a third time to act as a Senate Commando during the clone rebellion.

As for HL2RP, I started playing the day of or the day after HL2RP initially launched.

Why do you want to be a Vortigaunt?: I enjoy the PassiveRP that can be acquired by roleplaying with simple things, such as cleaning, being timid, etc. Vortigaunt are pretty unique on the server as it's generally Citizens and Combine, but there's a third, unique alien race to add to the mix.

Do you have any experience as playing a Vortigaunt? I have no experience whatsoever playing as a Vortigaunt, however I've looked over information such as their behavior, speech patterns, etc.

Give an example of Vortigaunt Roleplay (Enslaved and Freed):
    Enslaved-
    Rit'ya limped along, clutching his broom tightly, attempting to hide the limp from the Combine.

Rit'ya glanced over his shoulder nervously checking to see if the Union CP was still watching him as he began to sweep the garbage into a pile into the street.

Rit'ya rolled a 1/100.

Rit'ya fell into the aforementioned pile, falling onto his broom and snapping it in half.

Rit'ya scrambled to his feet, shooting glances to the CP before taking the half with the bristles and quickly hunching over to continue his job, although nervous.

Freed-
    *Assuming he's been freed for quite some time*
    Rit'ya sat and meditated for quite awhile, drowning out the patter of rats moving across the damp sewer floor, and the occasional gunshot from above.

Rit'ya opened his eye after his meditation session and stared ahead at the empty generator, collected by the Resistance.

Rit'ya focused and honed in on his Vortessence, preparing to jumpstart the Generator he was required to. It was the least he could do for the people who rescued him.

Rit'ya rolled a 89/100.

Rit'ya released the green electricity beam from his body and used it to shock the generator into activity, jumpstarting it on and turning the dim lights on in the secret room in the sewer, even playing a lively tune from the rusted old jukebox.

Give an example for a proper Enslaved Vortigaunt roleplaying description:
    The Vortigaunt hunches over at about 5'3" tall | Wears a durable security collar around his neck, and similar wristbands | Looks extremely depressed in whatever he does

Which pronouns do Vortigaunts not use?: Vortigaunts always speak in Third Person, and will speak in such ways as listed below.

For example, they won't use I, but would use their name or "This one", and they won't use You, but they'd use "Firstname Lastname" or perhaps man/woman. See below for more detail.

Do you know the basics of Vortigaunt Speech? List 3 examples:
    This one is most humbled to be in the presence of the Alan Manson... (for English)

Fho mah tosh... (Vortigese for 'I don't know')

This one is most afraid of the metal-clad Chronic... (Mixing Vortigese with English due to a lack of understanding the language {Chronic = Combine})

Provide a backstory for your character? (Minimum 1 paragraph):
    Rit'ya led a poor life before the death of the Nihilanth. He was forced to fight for the creature, and had occasional brushes with death during battles. Rit'ya resented the Nihilanth and wished that he could rise up and overthrow the terrible creature, and when Gordon Freeman, in a messiah sort-of-manner, killed the Nihilanth and freed his people, he was overjoyed.

That was, until, the Combine arrived, and enslaved him, being brought to Earth to serve in City 18. He worked for a chance to escape, but that time would never come. Through all his experiences, Rit'ya gained a form of depression that persists with him to this day. He hopes one day everyone can live in peace, but he understands the Resistance must destroy the Combine in order for that day to ever be accomplished.

Do you accept the fact that you will be an Enslaved Vortigaunt, equipped with a large, extremely durable and expensive collar with mechanised locks?: Of course.

Do you understand that you will only be able to make two Vortigaunt characters?: I understand.

Do you understand that abuse of the whitelist can have it revoked from you at any time by a staff member?: Yes.

2. -1 Bullied me once

3. ACCEPTED

Congratulations, your Half-Life 2 Roleplay application has been accepted. Seek a Super Admin+ for a faction whitelist and character training/assignment.