Not open for further replies.
A

Artis[Donater]

Steam Name: YoungFool

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:192098763

Hours played on the server: 970 Hours

What is your age? 17

In Game: Vodico/Atreus

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers? I have had previous staff experience, I will admit that it has been awhile since I have but I am sure I can relearn the basic information. That is even if I am rusty in some areas. I have had some in a couple of servers, not a whole much overall but all the necessary basic information down at the time. I am willing to relearn what I have forgotten and I would hope you would ask more questions if necessary.

What attributes can you bring to our server?
I feel I can bring a different type of character as far as being nice to new guest, welcoming, and or even help those who need whitelisting on things when other staff may not be around at that time. I am not very advanced in the staff area, but if I get the opportunity to learn more I believe I can get better with it over time. Yet I still would like to bring a friendly tone to those who need help, need a task done, or even need things set up if Necessary...

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server? I am sure I can be, I am not as goofy as some people for sure, yet I can admit when lots of others are it can be difficult but I'm sure I can maintain. I am going to be as truthful as I can since I do not intent to lie, I can be serious if told to or I need to based on the situation. I typically already is serious based on the current titles I hold, yet I intend on being as serious as I need to be to keep my position. This I'm sure is a good thing if there is a real problem/issue going on in the server.

Will you be active on our server? I have shown to be active and on almost everyday, yet due to my in game name changes people may assumed I was not on. Either way that does not faze me as I have had quite a few, being on the server for about 4 years now. These could definitely throw people off I get it, anyway which may have been one of the couple reasons for my denial that I do apologize for. Overall, Yes I will indeed stay active as I have and hope to help other want to stay active as well.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems? Yes I do

Do you know all the rules for the server? Yes I do know them all

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server? Based on my last two applications I feel the community did not respect me for a reason I am unsure of, either way I hope to gain the community's trust that I may have not gained already. For this, whatever I may have done or cause I apologize even if it was as simple as you just not liking me or not caring in general. My intentions were solely to just help out, as well as learn more for later on in hopes of the community supporting me simply as a good staff for the future.

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for? I have had 2 warns one I believe was a 2 years ago and the other 3-4 years ago. The one I got 2 years ago was for fail rp, this in which honestly I was unsure why but, I was in a event killing droids to then be kicked/banned for 2 hours by a guy named Unknown so I couldn't tell you more about that. The other I can take the blame for which was 3-4 years ago by Gary around the time I first joined I think, I could be wrong but It was for Micspam which was given due to my mic being on as I had music in the background. Other then those, I am basically clean since I haven't gotten anymore when the warns were refreshed.

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words) Well after reviewing my first/second application I would like to correct my mistakes as I did have some for sure, but others I felt were more of a misunderstanding which would be first my activity due to my multiple name changes. I was currently on the server, just as different characters but I'm sure somebody would want to know why I didn't comment on that statement? Well the thing is I had two neutral comments by two staff members meaning I'm not accepted, yet nor declined but I would have to wait awhile for more comments. Which is fine, Its just that I did not pay much attention to it until it was brought up. This I will say was a mistake on my part. This just brings me back to what I stated earlier, This just being a misunderstanding. I am simply here to correct a minor mistake I had made on my part which I take for responsibility for and hope to be recognized for doing so. I would like to comment on why I wasn't accepted on my 2 application since I could of got declined for a couple reasons as well. Overall the second one was really difficult to decide for the staff, which I don't blame them for just saying not many people knew me even know I felt well known being present on the server for 4 years. Either way I digress, I would like to help those who need things done appropriately even if it may be later at night when nobody's around. Or when everyone is just to busy I would like to come and help those who need it that's it. I will not abuse my powers given as such, since I have know need too. It would only lead me to more problems with just playing the game in general. So I am not going to blame anyone for my last two application, and not going to make excuses for what happen. I simply want to say why I should of been a Moderator, even if it took me three times to do it. Overall I am ready to take the roll of Moderator if you will let me, my only intentions are to help nothing else. I would like to Thank You for your time to read this and I hope you make the choice that you feel is right for the Staff of BLN...

D

Dent

I don't know you super well but I do see you take the reigns with CI/SH and I know you can be a strong leader and keep your men busy on ship when there isn't much to do. However, that being said your app is not convincing at all and doesn't give me a reason to think you'd be good for the team, in fact it's the opposite.

' date=' post: 61206, member: 1524"']I feel I can bring a different type of character as far as being nice to new guest, welcoming, and or even help those who need whitelisting on things when other staff may not be around at that time
This part is a jab at the current staff members who are the ones you need to convince of your merits and the rest of that section doesn't really say if you can bring anything unique to the team.

' date=' post: 61206, member: 1524"'] Based on my last two applications I feel the community did not respect me for a reason I am unsure of
If you aren't sure why you got denied or why people don't respect you, then you haven't learned. Learning and growing is a sign of a mature person who has what it takes to be staff, I had my first application denied but I understood the issue and spent a month fixing it before applying again. This shows to me that you won't learn, the team we have now is able to make mistakes and understand how to avoid those and this sentence does not fill me with confidence. The entire last part of the app on why we should promote you feels like Naruto episodes, all filler and no real content. It doesn't explain why we should promote you at all, it talks about your past apps, why you aren't staff right now, and rounded out with a generic "I won't abuse my power". You somehow wrote an entire app that doesn't have a single reason why you deserve to be staff, I like you and I know this is brutal but this app is horrible. For someone like me who doesn't know how you would react in tense situations this app doesn't give me any insights to your character. Gonna be a -1 from me for now.

8925 Golden

' date=' post: 61206, member: 1524"']Will you be active on our server? I have shown to be active and on almost everyday, yet due to my in game name changes people may assumed I was not on. Either way that does not faze me as I have had quite a few, being on the server for about 4 years now. These could definitely throw people off I get it, anyway which may have been one of the couple reasons for my denial that I do apologize for. Overall, Yes I will indeed stay active as I have and hope to help other want to stay active as well.
Alright first things first, as for your activity while yes you're on quite a lot I have noticed you will either be in the background (I'll go into this later) or you're AFK. This is from both personal experiences with you and hearing from others, its fine and all to be on the server and be idle when things aren't going on but you actually need to be doing something on it, and standing in a corner and staring into it during an event is not it.

' date=' post: 61206, member: 1524"']Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server? I am sure I can be, I am not as goofy as some people for sure, yet I can admit when lots of others are it can be difficult but I'm sure I can maintain. I am going to be as truthful as I can since I do not intent to lie, I can be serious if told to or I need to based on the situation. I typically already is serious based on the current titles I hold, yet I intend on being as serious as I need to be to keep my position. This I'm sure is a good thing if there is a real problem/issue going on in the server.
Second off, I will agree you are mature and get down to business most of the time. However with that being said there have been certain actions from you that I would call the opposite of being "mature". Such as you going behind your own CO's back to try and rip shadow out of CI. Something that should instead be taken to said CO and talked about, then go to staff if an agreement has been achieved. Instead you did it the other way around. I find this very immature since you tried to pull a drape over someone's eyes and tried to go with your "plan" until your CO was then told and it was stopped. This app also shows that you're apparently unable to learn why people didn't "respect" you in your older apps. The fact you've gone through 2 of them and you haven't learned why is a problem. when you say its a "misunderstanding" sounds more like you're saying "it's not my fault it's theirs." which to me isn't exactly the best. Furthermore casually jabbing at the current staff with "I feel I can bring a different type of character as far as being nice to new guest, welcoming, and or even help those who need whitelisting on things when other staff may not be around at that time. " Is another thing I don't exactly see as mature.

Now then onto some extra bits, seeing how I am apart of the same batt as you I'm pushing that aside and acting as apart of the staff team. I personally do not believe you would be a good addition to the staff team in your current state. Referring back to my earlier statement of you being in the background I have noticed you hardly ever step up as a leader or a player for that matter in the community. You're quiet and hardly ever take initiative. I have always and I still do believe for one to be staff you must have a presence of some mind in the server and with you I just don't feel anything. While you have recently started actually stepping up in your current title, your past still outweighs what you've done recently to really change my thoughts of you on this. So in my honest opinion it is a -1 from me at this point in time.

Last edited:
A

Artis[Donater]

The CI matter which had happen not to long ago was simply to discuss the ranking of CI, I said Multiple times I do not discredit and or want anybody's position to be taken away. Me and My troopers just want the ranking to be solved, so we were not seen as a Subattalion of CA. That was a matter between Me and Hector I was trying to solve peacefully, about what Shadow's leader positions holds. This in which escalated the situation more then I intended too. This matter I was discussing with my troopers which departing from CI was one of the choices. I do feel you are biased though if I am being honest, Since you may have felt like shadow was trying to remove you from your position, When in reality I just wanted to know what position the Advisor held to make Shadow have a voice in CI discussions. I do know that some of the wording I presenting in the forum may come off as not being mature in a certain way, were It did not seem I took responsibility for my actions. Yet I have stated a good amount of times that I do take blame for the current scenario, and do not blame anyone for what I might have done just to undo the mistake I have made. That is why I stated that it was a Misunderstanding on strictly my part no one else's. I will admit as far as how unique I can be to the team, Dent it totally right I did not present anything too intriguing I will own up to that. My activity I do not wish to comment on since I'm sure others will say different

8925 Golden

' date=' post: 61237, member: 1524"']The CI matter which had happen not to long ago was simply to discuss the ranking of CI, I said Multiple times I do not discredit and or want anybody's position to be taken away. Me and My troopers just want the ranking to be solved, so we were not seen as a Subattalion of CA. That was a matter between Me and Hector I was trying to solve peacefully, about what Shadow's leader positions holds. This in which escalated the situation more then I intended too. This matter I was discussing with my troopers which departing from CI was one of the choices. I do feel you are biased though if I am being honest, Since you may have felt like shadow was trying to remove you from your position, When in reality I just wanted to know what position the Advisor held to make Shadow have a voice in CI discussions. I do know that some of the wording I presenting in the forum may come off as not being mature in a certain way, were It did not seem I took responsibility for my actions. Yet I have stated a good amount of times that I do take blame for the current scenario, and do not blame anyone for what I might have done just to undo the mistake I have made. That is why I stated that it was a Misunderstanding on strictly my part no one else's. I will admit as far as how unique I can be to the team, Dent it totally right I did not present anything too intriguing I will own up to that. My activity I do not wish to comment on since I'm sure others will say different
How would you trying to pull Shadow from CI involve trying to remove me from power? I was even two ranks below you come to think of it during that time. I simply stated what you did and how it wasn’t how it should have been done. I was told everything you said during your little “talk” before going to hector by a credible source so I was stating what was told and what was shown. And as staff I cannot truly put good faith in you after something like that. The fact you’re bringing the fact I’m in the battalion adds to my point that you’re not mature enough to move past that and see the whole picture. Please do not try and pull this into a shit show when all I’m doing is giving my thoughts as apart of staff.

A

Artis[Donater]

I am concerned why you keep saying I was solely the person agreeing to disband from CI, I had others agree that it was a possible choice to do what's best for shadow yet not effect CA in anyway other way then us leaving. I do want to state by based what you brought up about the situation of CI, you had started it well before my comment which I do apologize for me bringing this up but I feel it is important to defend myself on the current topic. I have no hate towards your comments about my app and actually I am glad you did respond in the first place thank you for that. This was solely about you discussing a matter that didn't affect you, purge, CA, and etc... in any harmful way but just Shadow leaving. I will not wish to comment any more about the CI matter, I was just being honest and if its a personal matter I would like to discuss. The CI matter was only based on the ranking of CI in general, and which I had said vaguely in the first line on the first comment. This was only to do what was best for shadow at the time, which me and others agreed was a necessary option to make sure Shadow /CA got equal say in matters. I felt It showed true care for my troopers that weren't able to comment on this subject at the time. I hope this matter will not dictate whether or not I'm accepted, since I care to help all those on the server whatever the problem may be. I would like to mention the current staff is very helpfully and respectful. My own wording was hard to understand which I see why it could be taken the wrong way when I answered some questions. I would simply like to defend myself and others from in game issues that I agree should not be presented on the forums...

H

Hector

I think the CI matters should be left out of here and discussed in private at this point. I get that you guys have both points to make regarding that, and I'm all for hashing all that out and being done with it, but things are going on a tangent here. Let's keep things directly related to staff topics in this thread, and resolve these problems in a more constructive way.

Update: They talked things out in a private dm chat and things worked out!

That being said, I'll give my take on his app. I'll focus less on the app itself, as it has a number of grammatical/spelling errors, and some poorly worded bits that I don't have the time nor energy to nitpick right now. I'll be focusing entirely on Vodico from my experiences with him.

On one hand, I've seen much more recent improvements with Vodico overall. He's incredibly active, especially during later nights, and he's been really kicking it in gear with our Shadow Troopers! However, this is still very much recent, and I hope to see improvement.

At this rate, the next step is for him to have increased presence within not just CI but the community as a whole. I think he has a LOT more work to be done in terms of establishing a better presence within the community.

For this reason alone, I have to give a -1.

However, should this app get denied, I would strongly encourage him to learn and improve from this experience, as I believe he does have the potential to become a great staff member. However, I want to see that improvement first.

Last edited:
R

Resh

I know you were past 108th

but I legit don't know who you are in game

A

Artis[Donater]

I have it on the forums, but im Shadow Lead Vodico/ Operations POFC Atreus in game currently, But I was 108th PFC Artis when I was in your battalion or you may know me by Fake Artis since that's what people would call me lol

C

Caesar

I know you were past 108thbut I legit don't know who you are in game
resh. you forget literally everyone that hasnt been on bln since 2017 lol

R

Resh

resh. you forget literally everyone that hasnt been on bln since 2017 lol
No, I don't bother to check who they are personally because they're in game name is Vodico while their forum name is Artis, two different names

A

Artis[Donater]

No, I don't bother to check who they are personally because they're in game name is Vodico while their forum name is Artis, two different names
I get it, honestly it makes sense Resh lol

H

HeroCorey

This is why it's good when people have who they are or were in their forum signature. Ain't a rule but should be something people do none the less.

R

Resh

This is why it's good when people have who they are or were in their forum signature. Ain't a rule but should be something people do none the less.
Touche

B

Bester

Denied, I'd like you to go out and get to know the community more before reapplying. This is a similar issue with what Solaris had when I originally denied him. As it stands when I ask people on Teamspeak the question "Who is Vodico?" People respond isn't that Vovido? As such I'd prefer for you to make a name for yourself. Now onto your appeal proper, when you stated:

' date=' post: 61206, member: 1524"'] Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server? Based on my last two applications I feel the community did not respect me for a reason I am unsure of
I believe you haven't understood where people come from with their points of view. That could be achieved by reaching out and speaking to them in a private manner, Golden and your argument is case in point. You two spoke about what I imagine made him angry with you. According to Hector you two are "good" now.

Either way. I believe it best for you to reach out and attempt to speak with the individuals who have -1'd you and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.