Burstlink.net 5 Year Anniversary Update (May 2021)

Z

Zhidus

Alright the time has come for me to finally reveal the huge update that Resh and I have been working on for the past couple months. A couple months ago Resh gave me the opportunity to become the new developer for the server. With this new position I will be handling all backend development of the ClonewarsRP server, the forums, and the discord. This allows me to assist Resh in planning and developing all new updates for the server hopefully allowing us to provide more custom content for you guys. I am super excited to work with Resh and the rest of the management team.

For the five year anniversary of the server me and Resh wanted to do something big that would be beneficial to the server for the foreseeable future. We didn't want an update that would be cool for a week then have content that would never be used again. On Tuesday May 11th the server will be swapping server boxes. Swapping server boxes will give us a lot more freedom to develop the server how we want it and control a lot of the parts behind the scenes to our liking. With this new serverbox change I have completely re-done the entire backend of the server from ground zero. All old content was purged from the server with only current things remaining. All scripts were updated (some of these were 4+ years old so a lot has changed), the jobs were redone from scratch, and a lot of performance bottlenecks were fixed. I worked closely with the EM team to pick out addons and maps that they thought would provide the best experience to everyone and staff were given a ton new staffing tools to help keep the server a roleplay-centered environment.

On Monday May 10th the current server will go down permanently. During the 24 hour period where both servers are shut down I will transfer data from the old box to the new box as well as do some last minute bug fixes. On May 11th the server will open to the public. All whitelists, warns, and bans(minus racism and exploiting bans) will be wiped allowing everyone a clean slate once more. Tuesday night the Eventmaster team will do a huge event to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and from there we will permanently use the new box. The new box does mean a new IP address. Please join our discord to be the first to receive the new connection details.

In addition to the event Tuesday night, to celebrate five years of our community we will also be hosting a Battle of the Battalions on Saturday, May 15th. The prize for the winning battalion is a complete battalion remodel on the brand new HGZ base developed by Gary and myself. More details on this will be announced this Friday (May 7th) to give you and your troopers time to prepare for the event.

A changelog for the new update will be posted the day of the update.

lhqDlIv.png

With my new position as developer I also am making slight changes to the way content is added to the server. Hopefully these new changes will allow content to be delivered out faster and in more meaningful ways rather than at random times throughout the month.

The first Tuesday of every month will be update day. The server will go down Tuesday morning I will push all new models, weapon changes, etc to the server and then hopefully bring it back up by the afternoon. The deadline to request a change for the update will be the Saturday before the update. This gives me a couple days to make sure everything works as intended. The deadline to get changes in for the May 2021 update will be May 8th. Any requests made after will not be included in the update and instead included in the June update.

New forum posts will be made tonight. These new forum posts will be where all requested changes will be posted. Once you request your change on the forums it will be transferred over to the new Trello. The trello is where you will be able to track all updates that are queued to be worked on. Here will be the new home of the model queue as well allowing you to see the exact status of your model. I will not make changes unless a forum post is made. DMing me about changes will not get your stuff on my radar I will forget and most likely miss it.

lhqDlIv.png

Last thing we need to talk about is the new donation panel. Our current panel is provided by our current host so when we bring down the current box it will also go down. Please take a screenshot on any donations you bought from May 2nd to May 11th. If you want to make a purchase on something and you don't care about receiving it until the new box gets released the new donation panel is linked here. You will not receive your donation item on the current box if you use this website, you will only receive it on the new box once released. If you have made a donation between the time period above, please make a forum post under the donations section so I can manually add it to the new panel.

lhqDlIv.png

I am super excited to bring updates to you guys for the foreseeable future. The June 2021 update will bring a huge update to the forums and discord allowing the community to come together in ways that we never could before. To pay for this update I have added a new donation weapon to the store. All proceeds from this weapon will go to paying for the forums update. It will only be available until make enough to buy all the forum stuff then I will remove it from the store immediately so if you want the weapon make sure to get in there quick. If I did my math right only about 15 people will be able to purchase the weapon in total. Once again, if you purchase the weapon before May 11th you will not receive it until then.

If you have any questions feel free to respond to this post or DM me on discord.

P

Pluto the MLG Doge

zhidus finally gets what he wanted. backdoor access to actualize himself as the security threat. the prophecy has been fulfilled.

it's over.

C

CmderJeremy

zhidus finally gets what he wanted. backdoor access to actualize himself as the security threat. the prophecy has been fulfilled.
it's over.
If it burns, it burns at least it'll be neat to watch.

<3

D

DahXenu

In the ideal timeline, this post would just be this.

Alright the time has come for me to finally reveal the huge update that Resh and I have been working on for the past couple months.
On Monday May 10th the server will go down permanently.

If you have any questions feel free to respond to this post or DM me on discord.

T

TheRekkingNub

Bruh Im h y p e d for this update, sounds like its nothing but big ups for the time being

C

Cealisko

no battalion will stand a chance against the missiles.

B

Bess

Well let's hope naval and judicial get thrown in as one battalion or else naval probably won't win

S

Scrubbubbles

goodbye resh's random anime big titty ship lookin' model