Embers staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caboose

-1I believe that with my experiences as Head EM, though I myself have made terrible oversights, have observed a degree of bias from Ember herself. I think they should progress on the server rank-wise in order to gain a more solidified understanding of position-based progression here, hopefully assisting them in forming more rounded judgements on all individuals as a whole.
While I agree with the -1, I just want to point out that the past has shown that higher rank has no correlation with how much bias one has.

J

Joshua Clark

While I agree with the -1, I just want to point out that the past has shown that higher rank has no correlation with how much bias one has.
Just @ me WHITE BOY

T

TheShotz

Honestly just reapply in two weeks. I will +1 it then. I personally think rank has no part in being staff, I mean look at Lance he has 19 weeks and is a Sergeant. Or anybody who is old on the server and hasn't rusted in a battalion for years.

E

Eowyn

Y'all motherfuckers keep my name outta ya mouth ya hear

Blah blah women shouldn't get special treatment. Arbitrary shit is arbitrary but the enforcement shouldn't be. Blah blah, Mustang left me at kwik trip.

501st SPC Acapelican

Not meant to correlate with bias. Meant to formulate understanding. Yes.

J

Joshua Clark

Y'all motherfuckers keep my name outta ya mouth ya hear
Blah blah women shouldn't get special treatment. Arbitrary shit is arbitrary but the enforcement shouldn't be. Blah blah, Mustang left me at kwik trip.
I do not know what kwik trip is but yes

C

Crit

Just a disclaimer, I was the one who asked for the application to be re-submitted after 48 hours, as the staff team likes to take time to look over applications during our weekly meetings to reach a consensus and I wanted to make sure it was up before this weeks meeting so we could come up with a quick response.

If I could've relayed it in the appeal I would've but I don't have the ability to comment on locked threads and the app was closed before I could look at it. It wasn't my intent to be malicious or appear to be concealing things but it didn't feel appropriate to bring up the topic in anything but the app.

K

Krill

"PK'ed Communist said:
Y’all preach about second chances but shame me when I tried to make a second chance. Instead of the normal two weeks for her to show that she is competent and capable of the responsibility of staff you gave her a 2 day period before this staff app was allowed. This shows the community nothing of her progress as a person or as a member of the community. Give her the 2 weeks that everyone else needs to show the difference that they’ve made since their previous rejection.
For a community that preaches equal fairness for everyone y’all allow stuff like this without informing anyone else except those who are probably in the staff team. If this was just as a way to allow her to post again after Resh acted a bit based and lock the previous thread then state it.
-1 Although I’ve just came back from LOA and and do not know Ember I agree with what Paik said. She just posted an app and two days later post another after being shot down, bc the staff team agreed on it. Two days is not enough time to show improvement. If this gets denied again, which looks like it will bc its so split, give her the two weeks.

M

Markus

+1

I was going to give a -1, but since i was born without a hippocampus or cerebrum i don't possess the cognitive ability to know any better.

R

Resh

I'm going to lock the thread, because,
maxresdefault.jpg

In all seriousness, as far as I was keeping up with this, I locked the first thread and paid no attention to whatever staff did next. I don't really know why or whoever decided to make it ok just make 2 days for you because I'm pretty sure there was no real reason why that should have been done. This thread was really cancerous to read in one hit, but in all seriousness:

PLEASE RE-APPLY IN 2 WEEKS

I think what Curse said in his comment is kinda how I feel, so I'll put it down below:

I want to bring up something I believe is being overlooked.
In Embers 1st staff app, it was poorly put together and did not fit the requirements that are requested. When someone fails to read directions, it says something about their abilities to follow directions and listen closely; this implies that they rushed through their first application. I do not believe the staff team needs someone who can't follow directions or tends to rush through situations—especially someone who is biased.

And thus, I also agree with Paik and his comment and I advise you to read it below if you truly care or desire to be staff,.

"PK'ed Communist said:
Give her the 2 weeks that everyone else needs to show the difference that they’ve made since their previous rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.