Not open for further replies.
A

Authority

What is going right?

What is going wrong?

Were the events great so far?

How could we improve HaloRP next time?

(Questions are suggestions)

Please leave your general thoughts and opinions about HaloRP below.

Edit 4/16

(Trying not to single anyone out)

Please keep short rebuttals and arguments in DM's to avoid spam.

Last edited:
D

DegsRED

What is going right?

I absolutely love the variety we have in such a short time (especially with bodygroups adding a shit ton of customization)

It's differentiated enough from CWRP to feel refreshing.

The RP is usually entertaining for all involved in it.

What is going wrong?

Most of the weapons are dog shit out of close range.

The intermissions between events are usually unbelievably dull with nothing to really so (such as SIM's, random encounters, etc.)

Being scaled feels like a giant wad of gum was put on my feet.

Basically no ranking structure due to hardly any active higher-ups

They've had their ups and downs. They definitely improved from the beginning of HaloRP.

I've noticed only a main four or five EM's do any events (especially Void) during the duration of HaloRP (feelsbadman)

• Improve certain weapons a bit
  • Add more things to do during intermission times
  • Try to find active people in HaloRP to be leaders so there's actually some form of order during events

P.S. I thoroughly am enjoying HaloRP and hope it can become a slightly more frequent thing, since it's a great break from CWRP

P.P.S

This is like the 4th or 5th time we have done HaloRP.
O h .

S

Shu'lak Ti

I like it alot, I just wish EMS were more active, The only EMS ive seen do anything really in the past week or so Is Squeaky and void, I wish there were more "big events" like giant events or pluto events, I understand resh not doing them because his are timeline events, There has been a decrease of active players because of this

L

Loki

I'd say a big thing would be more prepared EM's, don't get me wrong, the current EM's are great and have done some pretty good events so far. However, if we came into Halo rp with temp EM's that are more experienced with Halo lore, there would have been the potential for better events earlier on. Of course this is coming from someone who came back on BLN after Halo rp started up, so I feel that I have a fresh perspective.

Also, some general polish would be nice. Dedicated spawns for battalions, whitelists working a bit better, and some surface level changes to make the main base feel more "lived-in".

Overall though, I feel like a lot is going right. It's been a great change of pace for the server, and we've been pulling in a lot of new poeple due to Halo rp. It's given people the ability to step out of their rp comfort zone and improve the way they rp. I also believe it's given the EM's that are participating room to be more creative and come up with different story lines.

TL;DR

8/10 could use polish and Halo EM's. Still love it tho

R

Resh

Cool criticism but not a big thing and i don’t wanna read a big thread hourly and i have same response as everyone else

def a fun breather from clone wars

E

Eowyn

What is going right?

Things seem to be more calm and serious versus the normal chaos of CWRP. There has been a marked improvement[save for recent days] from the staff and players that is pretty encouraging. People are actually starting to roleplay and acting as they should in the roles that they have. There's still that element of goofy fun to keep that BLN flair going, with the somber undertones that Halo brings.

There seems to be more effort due to the lack of EMs. The double-time has kind of pushed a lot of effort onto people and it kinda shows. The rivalries tend to be mostly harmless save for maybe one, and most of the drama IC stays IC.

Absolutely unheard of back on CWRP not including a couple specific scenarios.

Unlike the CWRP server it's not been bogged down by years of 'lore' and history. It's a fresh new slate for you to write on and many people have been making beautiful drawings on it. Literally.

Seeing what people have been doing, taking what they knew from CWRP and applying it to HaloRP has been pretty fucking neat. Acapella being the best example I can think of when it comes to that.

There's been a shitton more PassiveRP here without encouragement than I've ever seen in my entire time on CWRP.

I don't just mean BLN CWRP. I mean CWRP period.

People are constructing and fleshing out their characters[At least in Spartans/AI, along with a few chads in the infantry], almost like something someone would do on a roleplay server.

I think I said that already. Well shit.

There seem to be a lot more opportunities for character growth and plots to develop as well but that might just be because of what I do when I get on and who it's been around.

there's a few other things but my wrist hurts so i'm gonna just leave it with this

kurloz-gif-2.gif

What is going wrong?

Content Pack is a joke. Combining the both of them without trimming off what isn't necessary has lead to issues with newer players joining and learning they need TWO INCOMPLETE content packs in order to see almost everything. Even still missing quite a bit because the CWRP hasn't been updated.

Server seems to be dead later in the evening due to a lot of EMs normally up at that time not wanting to or aren't willing to play on the server. That's somewhat fair. But at the same time it's still a problem as to where there's 30 people on and absolutely nothing is going on.

Relying on the entire playerbase[Especially this one] to come up with it's own bullshit to keep themselves occupied has obviously not worked in the past. Granted, it's not as bad as it would be on CWRP. There are still people doing things, but it's still noticeable.

That also ties into the fact that apart from ODST Bullfrogs I see absolutely nothing happening that circles around the marines/forecon/nORMIes in terms of events or even training. That's not to say BF do a lot either, most of this boils down to inactive leadership or just lack of interest.

Speaking of lack of leadership, even now the Covenant Runaways[soS] are still a pretty chaotic mess. A chaotic mess that could've been prevented if there was an actual leader apart from that one character Resh had. No, the solution isn't just having Resh as the permanent leader either. Unless he wanted to I guess.

Even still, they've been notoriously mingy even during peak hours when you're supposed to, you know, not do that. Because of no leadership there's been little to no discipline going on. Plus some of the favorites mentioned in the last community meeting have been doing/perpetuating it which just causes more problems.

The start of the server was pretty fucking bad, I'm not gonna lie. I don't mean launch day - Although seeing it restart ten times over because no one apparently bothered to stress test or test the server at ALL didn't help.

I mean the machinima this was going to be based on being paraded as gospel and then suddenly dumped at the last second for a more unclear timeline. I understand that Resh wanted SoS to be put in earlier but sweet mother of fuck please decide on this a month or so in advance.

Just so everyone's on the same page and there's less confusion than what's going on.

The speediness and lack of clarity on where we are in the timeline is also kind of a bother, since now it just seems like we're permanently in between Halo 3 and Halo 4. Which is fine, just be more clear about it and don't rely on exclusively the discord to explain these things.

Fireteams are more than one color. They don't have to be power rangers. Most of the S3s were already fairly muted colors[save for our Medic] and now we just look like angry traffic cones. But it ain't piss yellow, so.

In the past 5 days the amount of mingery has skyrocketed even during peak hours. Something that's been happening since launch is an increased amounted of fucking around with vehicles and crashing them into people who are obviously trying to do things. Such as either roleplay or train. Believe it or not it's really not that funny. It's annoying.

It was said in the last community meeting that Resh would improve on his fucking around. I've seen none of it here.

ONI

Just ONI.

Although things were off on a rocky start, I will say that the events done by Void have been... Interesting to say the least. He actually let's players interactions matter in his own dorky way and it just kinda works. Decisions matter.

Giant's have also been fun and creative, not to mention somewhat worth investing in.

Pluto's also been doing something but literally no one has noticed and to me that's the funniest fucking thing.

Apart from these three, they've been okay. Even the ones I've mentioned have had mostly 'good' to 'ok' to 'eh' events.

Make a new content pack and don't just copy paste from an old server. Especially if it's considerably old.

Decide on what timeline you're using long before you launch the server and be absolutely crystal clear on how it should run.

Encourage your EMs to go out of their comfort zone and actually try out the new thing instead of just... Watching as all but 3 go on LOA because they're scared of shooty shooty bang game.

Test out your server and make sure it works before you launch it. This is gmod 101.

really just address what i brought up at least somewhat seriously

don't blue ball me with actual good rp like this i genuinely have enjoyed myself here mother please

believe it or not although a lot of this post is really negative i have actually loved the time that this server has been up and it's been some of the most fun i've had on gmod in a while. that might be limited to just me because of who i've been around and how things have been operated. i still have enjoyed the shit out of it and would hope that it returns sometime soon.

no i'm not saying have a second server because BLN is not and probably will never be healthy enough to sustain that.

not for a while at least.

honk

Edit to add:

Locking threads because you don’t want to read ‘big posts’ is dumb.

You are dumb

I am dumb.

This is dumber.

The one time I actually somewhat gush is the one time you actively prevent it from being posted.

no fucking wonder people think i’m a negative nancy.

As a wise man just said 2 seconds ago

“Wow, don’t you just love hearing ‘i dont wanna hear what you have to say because i’m lazy’?”

Half of these problems have also kinda been caused by that philosophy. Go figure.

J

Joshua Clark

I’d just like to say that personally it’s been really nice to kind of prove to myself that a far as my CWRP rank isn’t just a product of longevity and that I’m actually a valuable part of these “units” sometimes I second guess myself on my deserving ness of being highest ranked on the server and I enjoy being able to prove to myself I do deserve it. The s2 has been good and a call back to serious RP that hasn’t been there for a long time due to lack of character growth opportunities. Sometimes even if I can prove to just 1 person that my rank isn’t just due to me being the oldest consistent player and it’s actulkt due to performance it makes it all worth it for me

J

Joshua Clark

I want to reopen this just for some discussion as it can be applied to clone wars rp on swap

A

alto

Feel like things would be more varied event-wise if we had more eventmasters doing them consistently. The events were pretty spread-even on CWRP as far as ems doing them on certain days and vice versa, but now activity isn't as enforced (which makes sense, some people just dont want to play Halo), and it feels like style only varies so much between Void, Squeaky, etc.

some are just becoming more busy too which you can't really address and will get worse before it gets better with summer on the way.

R

Resh

What is going right? I absolutely love the variety we have in such a short time (especially with bodygroups adding a shit ton of customization)

It's differentiated enough from CWRP to feel refreshing.

The RP is usually entertaining for all involved in it.

What is going wrong?

Most of the weapons are dog shit out of close range.

The intermissions between events are usually unbelievably dull with nothing to really so (such as SIM's, random encounters, etc.)

Being scaled feels like a giant wad of gum was put on my feet.

Basically no ranking structure due to hardly any active higher-ups

They've had their ups and downs. They definitely improved from the beginning of HaloRP.

I've noticed only a main four or five EM's do any events (especially Void) during the duration of HaloRP (feelsbadman)

• Improve certain weapons a bit
  • Add more things to do during intermission times
  • Try to find active people in HaloRP to be leaders so there's actually some form of order during events

P.S. I thoroughly am enjoying HaloRP and hope it can become a slightly more frequent thing, since it's a great break from CWRP

P.P.S

O h .
How I feel basically and its a good break as said

also ily

N

Natsu Dragneel

I tried being quiet for a while, and that was neat I guess. But uh, Eowyn kinda hit the nail on the head here, and the only real issue I saw was the lack of events, and the intro was a bit rough but, we did settle into a pretty good place after that.

501st SPC Acapelican

6 members of our event master team have had little to no experiences on Halo RP or lore. While Resh is busy, the idea of Halo TEMP EM's would be most beneficial. Not a lot of event masters signed up for this dramatic shift but a fair amount of us are sure as hell trying, again applauding Squeaky and Void. However, the vibe is really hard to get Into.

Chain of command as Eowyn said is absent, and that's why I hate getting on outside of doing my events. I do recognize I am technically a figure of command for the marines but I sure as hell didnt sign for it. My preference was something cool and independant but not Spartan, like being a Hunter, which are cool asf, however I'm not doing the VIP shit. All of that was recognizing the blame falls upon me also, but the current command structure is weird.

Spartans dont seem to think they need PT and Fireteams seem to have no elect leader but more a joint leadership, so I dont see much there.

SoS are just memey mix of grunts and cereal elites, but I dont believe theres command there either.

Marines and ODST have the biggest playerbase but also seem to not do training as it's only temporary RP, which is strange.

ONI idfk.

I think this can be attributed to behaviors encouraging laziness between event downtime such as literally every pass time I've seen being flooded with stupid ass Halo vehicles in a demolition derby. We need command to step up if they took the job.

Content pack I think is kind of lengthy but I never download whole packs anyways and yeah.

Mind you, I'm not that active, I couldnt care more right now besides my events, but I feel like the lack of command hinders how they run and I've decided to put my few cents in.

Sorry for an unorganized ramble.

K

Kerk

ONI idfk.

ONI's + Fleets problem - not attacking you acapella for quoting you, and this isn't drama just the biggest problem I see for ONI+ Fleet together.

I am trying to be active, and get ONI on as well but what's not working is since there's always ground attacks where ( ONI) absolutely needs the experience, then being human shields for the troops. Like since there are no space events at all, I can't get my guys the experience of space combat for both CWRP and Halo or operate as ONI(Fleet) . We don't have training or experience at all and just used to outdated shit so when a space battle actually arrives either we pull through or screw up horribly. I've countlessly tried and tried to train my fleet to do other to replace the lack of space events or orbital strikes/ and to increase our involvement , but it doesn't FUCKEN WORK .

I've made departments and such to give better jobs under the departments for ONI(Fleet) so they have rp stuff to do But the rest of the fleet other than myself don't want to get on for the reasons above. I am trying my even best to get people or recruit new guys but of course for my guys but Rune and Robo and people in fleet that are willing to get on which I honor them greatly. But the recruitment of getting new people is at least fucken 4-5weeks for 1 or 2people which before was just every week or 2 of how unique / popular space battles.

I can't be a leader of anything, if there is nothin for people I lead to do. I have been trying my hardest for growth in activity with my own activity and others of the fleet, and actually ill be honest I have been goofing off since there is nothing for the fleet to do.

Just at this point if I didn't say anything now to dictate the position of fleet and resigned , my 2nd to last base of command in a few months would see the same problem I'm looking at.

Engineering and Pilots are mostly successful, maybe not halo rp but CWRP for sure. But im just conflicted at this moment to see how the battalion I run is.

------------------------------------------------------------

+I dislike the vast amount of a event cool down time, because this leads to that vehicle derby, rdm, and just laziness. Yes it's fun but a cooldown doesn't have to be 1hour, unless there's stuff going on if there's literally nothing going on just do the event so people don't just leave , rdm, and goof off.

Last edited:
D

DavyDaveDavid

For the short time I played HaloRP,

I thought events didn't have enough explanation to them -- what we were doing, why were we doing it, and where (sometimes that wasn't even clarified). We just sort of hopped from one place to another, killed Covies and rolled along with it. On the second night of HaloRP we arrived on Halo for the first time, my unit and I spent most of our time patrolling the area. We spent 15-30 mins searching what appeared to be a Human colony near our base, that the EMs didn't account for on the map, and we found nothing. Then one of our teammates got killed as if to be build up some sort of "who don it?" I think but that went nowhere. Then the base got attacked and force recon basically leads the retaliation charge. Stuff just seemed to happen, with little word what was going on. Maybe the EM was saying something in chat, but in the heat of battle or when I need to be moving with my team, my eyes do not go to the box of text in the lower left-hand corner of my screen.

Additionally, some of the more renowned special forces units were pretty rude early on. On the same night, when we were first on Halo, the ODSTs made it out to antagonize themselves to us, even if we didn't provoke them. Overacting to our own acts defense (even if it wasn't meant to harm them) and not taking their job seriously when the moment called for it. Later, I conversed with the SPARTAN-III lead, Kyle Miller, and he insulted me, just because I was confused why some SPARTANs had to have their full name listed when the SPARTAN-II's and III's were never referred to by their full name.

Next, this really isn't a criticism of HaloRP, but it still bothers me, I got on recently and apparently in my absence Force Recon disbanded, as everyone transferred to other units. My thought was, "the hell, it's the 327th all over again!" I'm not leaving Force Recon, I'm happy with the weaponry I have equipped and my role in the marines, but still, that was kind of a dick move to me on my team's part.

Regardless, I've still have had a lot of fun. Working as a sniper, providing support to allies from a distance was great work for me and allowed me to be of use in battle while not on the front lines. Fighting the Covenant the way I was with so many people from different units is an epic experience. There's only so much you can get from playing the story mode campaign or online matchmaking of the Halo games with NPCs and people who look the same. Something like this is wonderful for a Halo fan to get a sense of community and teamwork from something that isn't a Halo game. This was worth it in the end.

D

DahXenu

For the short time I played HaloRP,
I thought events didn't have enough explanation to them -- what we were doing, why were we doing it, and where (sometimes that wasn't even clarified). We just sort of hopped from one place to another, killed Covies and rolled along with it. On the second night of HaloRP we arrived on Halo for the first time, my unit and I spent most of our time patrolling the area. We spent 15-30 mins searching what appeared to be a Human colony near our base, that the EMs didn't account for on the map, and we found nothing. Then one of our teammates got killed as if to be build up some sort of "who don it?" I think but that went nowhere. Then the base got attacked and force recon basically leads the retaliation charge. Stuff just seemed to happen, with little word what was going on. Maybe the EM was saying something in chat, but in the heat of battle or when I need to be moving with my team, my eyes do not go to the box of text in the lower left-hand corner of my screen.
well don't say "theres no explanations for events" and "in the heat of battle i don't look at chat" because thats literally the only way to narrate an ongoing event

Additionally, some of the more renowned special forces units were pretty rude early on. On the same night, when we were first on Halo, the ODSTs made it out to antagonize themselves to us, even if we didn't provoke them. Overacting to our own acts defense (even if it wasn't meant to harm them) and not taking their job seriously when the moment called for it.
alfire

btw all that shit applies to bln cwrp aswell idfk what you on about

501st SPC Acapelican

ONI's + Fleets problem - not attacking you acapella for quoting you, and this isn't drama just the biggest problem I see for ONI+ Fleet together.

I am trying to be active, and get ONI on as well but what's not working is since there's always ground attacks where ( ONI) absolutely needs the experience, then being human shields for the troops. Like since there are no space events at all, I can't get my guys the experience of space combat for both CWRP and Halo or operate as ONI(Fleet) . We don't have training or experience at all and just used to outdated shit so when a space battle actually arrives either we pull through or screw up horribly. I've countlessly tried and tried to train my fleet to do other to replace the lack of space events or orbital strikes/ and to increase our involvement , but it doesn't FUCKEN WORK .

I've made departments and such to give better jobs under the departments for ONI(Fleet) so they have rp stuff to do But the rest of the fleet other than myself don't want to get on for the reasons above. I am trying my even best to get people or recruit new guys but of course for my guys but Rune and Robo and people in fleet that are willing to get on which I honor them greatly. But the recruitment of getting new people is at least fucken 4-5weeks for 1 or 2people which before was just every week or 2 of how unique / popular space battles.

I can't be a leader of anything, if there is nothin for people I lead to do. I have been trying my hardest for growth in activity with my own activity and others of the fleet, and actually ill be honest I have been goofing off since there is nothing for the fleet to do.

Just at this point if I didn't say anything now to dictate the position of fleet and resigned , my 2nd to last base of command in a few months would see the same problem I'm looking at.

Engineering and Pilots are mostly successful, maybe not halo rp but CWRP for sure. But im just conflicted at this moment to see how the battalion I run is.

------------------------------------------------------------

+I dislike the vast amount of a event cool down time, because this leads to that vehicle derby, rdm, and just laziness. Yes it's fun but a cooldown doesn't have to be 1hour, unless there's stuff going on if there's literally nothing going on just do the event so people don't just leave , rdm, and goof off.
I'm not on enough so that's why idk

Anyways good stuff yes agree

501st SPC Acapelican

well don't say "theres no explanations for events" and "in the heat of battle i don't look at chat" because thats literally the only way to narrate an ongoing event
alfire

btw all that shit applies to bln cwrp aswell idfk what you on about
I mean I dont think that his statements cant be made just because they apply to Star Wars RP. Maybe they're new to him but not us, which is why it's on Halo criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.