Heavy's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heavy

Steam Name: rdog1029 or Heavy Metal Leprechaun

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:62105369

Hours played on the server: 187 Hours (1 week 19 hours)

What is your age? 23

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers? Yes. When I used to play Star Wars: Jedi Academy I was an equivalent to trainer and admin for 6 months before the server hit an extremely hard dip in visitors. It was temporarily shut down to be reworked under a new owner.

What attributes can you bring to our server? I am extremely friendly and understanding of people's situations as well as experienced with a staff position. While I may not know all the commands on Garry’s Mod, and it would mean I need to learn how to use everything, I am extremely tech savvy and can learn it quickly within a week's time. I also am on almost all the time when I am not doing general life stuff or playing another game for a quick break. One last thing is that I would like to help add more things for players to do between events/missions to help keep people entertained.

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server? I feel like I would be mature and fair enough to be a moderator.

Will you be active on our server? While I may be reasonably new to the server I plan on staying on the server and being super active for a long time. I am on the server just about everyday.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems? I do type depending on situations in game, but I do have a mic I use frequently.

Do you know all the rules for the server? Yes I do and I have a word document with them all written down for quick reference.

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server? I think so. Everyone I have talked to seems to have no issue with me and if they did I would rather have them tell me so that I could have constructive criticism.

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for? I have never had any warnings or bans put on my account.

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words) I have nothing better to do then be on BLN for about 70% of my day. Also I feel like I am reasonably fair when it comes to how to treat situations where people are acting up. During my time as an admin in Jedi Academy I learned that sometimes there are people who won’t ever give you trouble and then there are people who you will have to watch and help down the right path. I am not the type of person to ban/warn someone on something stupid the first time. Sometimes talking to the person is better than immediately jumping to a warning. With that said I do understand that on rare occasions there are people who need to be banned and disciplined due to the lack of understanding how to behave.

Why do you want to be staff? Personally I want help keep the server fun and friendly especially for new players who get on the server looking for something to do. I would also like to help keep the fun going in between events and missions with various sims or fun little exercises to teach people new things in conjunction with other COs, XOs, or other troopers with exceptional skills.

K

Krill

+1 Heavy’s one of my best troopers and seems to keep his nose outta wack shit. Heavy is definitely my most active trooper and is on just about everyday for hours on end. I think Heavy could definitely be beneficial to the staff team with the hours he devotes to the server. Ok, bye.

H

Hod Haran

Though I haven't personally talked to you much, this application seems very well put together and you seem to be very passionate about wanting to have this position. Before I +1 this I want to get to know you better on the server to determine if you would be good for this position.

For now, I am Neutral

H

Heavy

Yea man I would love to meet up and do a sim sometime. Just let me know.

Last edited:
P

Paladin

I have been drill instructing 212th for the past couple days and I have seen Heavy's leadership and management skills. What I've seen there makes him perfect for staff IMO. Big ol' +1 from me.

H

Heavy

Thanks man appreciate it! You do awesome work with the AT-TE and you are a great teacher.

501st SPC Acapelican

+1

Incredibly professional with great server presence and pre-existing position. He's a staple 212th member with experience in Batt. management and cooperation.which I'm sure has exposed him to fair punishment and difficult decisions.

H

Hector

My stance is similar to Civix. Given what Krill, Brutus/Gham, and Aca have said about you already, I'm sure you're a great guy but I'd wanna know you better myself before I leave a +1. Maybe that's partially on me since I'm still picking back up with activity from finals and visiting family, but for the time being I'm neutral.

B

Bubbs

I'm sure you're a good guy as well as active on the server, and you've proven to be a professional fit for the job given your ARC application.

BUT

I don't really know you that well and think you need more time to establish yourself within the entirety of the community (hanging out in TS and the various Discord servers we have will definitely make that easier btw).

For now, I'm leaving a

H

Heavy

I don't really know you that well and think you need more time to establish yourself within the entirety of the community (hanging out in TS and the various Discord servers we have will definitely make that easier btw).
I do agree that I need to be more active on team speak. And I have been slowly working my way around different discord’s which I will work on being more active on in the future. Thanks for the input!

H

Heavy

Just wanted to bump this and also mention that I got PKd and man now ARC Trainee Marks

H

Hector

Just wanted to bump this and also mention that I got PKd and man now ARC Trainee Marks
It's generally frowned upon to self-bump staff apps tbh

Plus if I recall your app was already on the top of the forum posts

But you haven't been forgotten bro, we're still looking into your application! A decision will most likely be finalized during our next staff meeting if not prior, however I can't guarantee anything personally

H

Heavy

But you haven't been forgotten bro, we're still looking into your application! A decision will most likely be finalized during our next staff meeting if not prior, however I can't guarantee anything personally
Its cool man! I mainly wanted to post about the name change.

B

Bester

I've seen you around, and some other staff and members of the communuty have said great things about you. I've not personally spoken with you, but from the little that I have seen from you, you appear to be serious and do indeed seem to have good intentions. I think you'd make a great addition to the team. While I do have reservations, what with not knowing you other than "That ARC guy Marks" I know I can't judge you with that. In otherwords accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.