Kazkids

Steam Name:

^8 Bazbids

SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:26753502

Hours played on the server:

2 weeks

What is your age?

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers?

No

What attributes can you bring to our server?

Very level headed and very good at keeping my personal biases out of judgement. Also willing to hear out what happened before passing judgement as well

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server?

I think I have matured enough over the past few years to receive a chance to prove myself

Will you be active on our server?

Yes

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems?

Yes

Do you know all the rules for the server?

Yes and I'm willing to be corrected if I misinterpret them

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server?

I would like to believe so but that's up to the community to say

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for?

Maybe two accidental RDM warns but thats all that I know of

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words)

I have been with this server for quite some time and I would like to finally give back to it. I would like to provide troops with SIM in our off time and also help keep the peace when needed. I like to see staff as a way to help the community thrive rather than just hand out punishment. I feel I could bring some fun back to passive time on the ship rather than just waiting for the next event to start over and over. Another thing that seems to be missing is the admin sits before a warning is served and I’d like to help set that standard again.

H

Hod Haran

You still have a lot of things to work on attitude-wise and calming down on the racism I've said the same to defalt when he applied, you have to calm down on that I've heard a lot of the stuff you say. other than that I can't say too much server wise since I haven't been too active recently. if you can cut down a lot on the racism and the attitude a little i will consider changing my -1 to a +1

Last edited:
A

Adam Cole

I usually stay out of staff apps nowadays due to lack of specific knowledge of the ongoings of the server. However, I feel as if there's a compelling interest in this case to break with that trend.

While this community has a high tolerance for a whole range of views amongst its players, I do not feel as if this should fully extend to the staff team. After hearing firsthand your previous comments about slavery, I can not in good faith say you should be in a position to represent this community as a whole.

K

Kazkids

While this community has a high tolerance for a whole range of views amongst its players, I do not feel as if this should fully extend to the staff team. After hearing firsthand your previous comments about slavery, I can not in good faith say you should be in a position to represent this community as a whole.
What opinion on slavery are you even talking about? Also what does that even have to do with my capabilities of being a staff?

D

DahXenu

After hearing firsthand your previous comments about slavery, I can not in good faith say you should be in a position to represent this community as a whole.
@Resh can you tell us what you said to Mace about this

R

Raider

After hearing firsthand your previous comments about slavery, I can not in good faith say you should be in a position to represent this community as a whole.
I don't really understand why his opinion on historical events has anything to do with his ability to be staff. His opinion does walk the line of controversy which is a no-no but it was an opinion on a historical event. Unless a staff sit takes place in 1800s Alabama between a slave and a slave owner I don't see how his opinion on old American ideals will hurt the server.

A

Adam Cole

I don't really understand why his opinion on historical events has anything to do with his ability to be staff. His opinion does walk the line of controversy which is a no-no but it was an opinion on a historical event. Unless a staff sit takes place in 1800s Alabama between a slave and a slave owner I don't see how his opinion on old American ideals will hurt the server.
More goes into the staff selection process than their ability to physically perform administrative functions on the server. Who you select into your administration reflects the type of values that BLN "supports". Staff members in their duties, for better or for worse, will be representing the BLN administration as a whole.

The simplest example to express this point is when a staff member acts like a dick to a brand new player. That new player will then infer that all of the staff members are dicks and leave. While there are numerous other examples than can be expressed if I heard a staff member tell me the exact things I heard from Kaz I would definitely have cause for concern for the server as a whole.

T

Theseus

You fool!

Slavery was/is a very unjust and unfair system (which is a universal truth, not a matter of opinion), and since staff enforcement is about delivering fairness and justice, having warped views on justice and fairness most definitely has a negative bearing on your ability to justly resolve a conflict!!

Absolutely foolish, your argument!

R

Raider

You fool!
Slavery was/is a very unjust and unfair system (which is a universal truth, not a matter of opinion), and since staff enforcement is about delivering fairness and justice, having warped views on justice and fairness most definitely has a negative bearing on your ability to justly resolve a conflict!!

Absolutely foolish, your argument!
He never said it was good, the argument was about if Abraham lincoln was a tyrant for going to war with the south. not once did he say slavery was good. But you wouldn't know that because you are commenting on something you weren't involved with and know nothing about.

Last edited:
A

Adam Cole

He never said it was good, the argument was about if Abraham lincoln was a tyrant for going to war with the south. not once did he say slavery was good. But you wouldn't know that because you are commenting on something you weren't involved with and know nothing about.
He said none of that in our conversation btw. That's a completely different conversation than what I had experienced.

I wouldn't have -1'd for that.

Last edited:
P

Pluto the MLG Doge

He said none of that in our conversation btw. That's a completely different conversation than what I had experienced.
I wouldn't have -1'd for that.
You absolute fools! You have made a terrible blunder! You’ve fallen victim to the classic issue of miscommunication! Oh no!!! This is bad!! You need to rectify this immediately and decide who is correct in this scenario or else we will be muddled with he said she said for all time!! Oh no!!!!

Q

Qing

I'm reading this is Biology class, I'm just hoping we get a popcorn lab for some reason and I can eat some popcorn to enjoy this show.

In a more serious note I'm remaining Neutral.

H

Hector

Gonna stay neutral on this one chief

Kaz is an incredibly active member, so having him as staff would be a large benefit.

I don't know the context of the slavery matter that Roland mentioned, but I know that if you work on your attitude a bit more like Civix said, I'm sure you could become a great staff. I know you're more than capable of improvement. Once I see that improvement for myself, I'll definitely consider changing to a +1.

Best of luck, fella.

T

Tragic

From what I've seen I don't think you're ready for staff yet and I think you handled a situation very poorly during one of the events which tells me you aren't ready

I'ma have to -1

also this

You still have a lot of things to work on attitude-wise and calming down on the racism

Last edited:
K

Kazkids

@Tragic How would you have dealt with a group of 6 people screaming at one another non stop. The way I dealt with it was I needed silence to find out what was going on and then made a decision after finding out important information. I didnt resort to RDM like others and I didnt resort to just screaming like others. I tried to get peace between the 6 people. Which happened during that part of the event.

T

Tragic

@Tragic How would you have dealt with a group of 6 people screaming at one another non stop. The way I dealt with it was I needed silence to find out what was going on and then made a decision after finding out important information. I didnt resort to RDM like others and I didnt resort to just screaming like others. I tried to get peace between the 6 people. Which happened during that part of the event.
One way is that you could've have done is the silenced part then you could've talked to the COs me/vic about what was going on without the others then reassured everyone that everything is fine

But I can see that being hard to do but that's the main thing about staff

Last edited:
T

Tyto

Ok so it seems to me people are nitpicking situations. A. Staff do not handle a situation the right way all the time. For what tragic said.

And for cole your stating that what he has said is not expected from staff. Key words there for staff, Default and Esta were 10 times worse and look where they are at. If kaz would to be staff i think he is smart enought to not say that shit in a public channel.

So im going to plus one this because Kaz is a level headed person who won't let connections get in the way of his opinion on you or the punishment he deals out.

Status
Not open for further replies.