PK'ed Communist

Steam Name:

JihadiPaik

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:55473311

Hours played on the server:

9 weeks and a day or two of game-time so roughly about 1512+ hours

What is your age?

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers?

Nope.

What attributes can you bring to our server?

I bring experience from being the one that would be warned by the staff on the server, so I can relate to how each user may feel when a staff sit is required. Empathy and unbiased opinions go a long way for a server administrator, as biased judgement are passed quite often on this server, regardless of the users themselves being aware of their bias or not. In addition, a variety of community members can vouch for how "down-to-earth" I am with new players often guiding them and giving them advice on what to do. I've played a variety of roles on this server so I'm accustomed to what may be wrong or right. In addition I have many public relation skills that can be transferred from my job into the virtual world.

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server?

Yes.

Will you be active on our server?

Yes, all depending on which day and my upcoming school schedule.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems?

Yes, everyone has heard how vocal I can make myself on the server.

Do you know all the rules for the server?

Yes.

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server?

I honestly can't tell half the time, so yes.

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for?

Uh, does 60 warns count as a punishment(s)? Each being somewhat along the lines of: RDM, Failrp, or "Derogatory remarks". However I would like to point out that these are simply the results of a systematic oppression that is in a desired need of change.

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words)

With all do respect, it's high time that people begin to hire a diversified staff group on this server, one that can cater to all walks of life and role-play. Sometimes solving a solution doesn't just involve typing into chat "!ban Paik 0 RDM", but instead takes a different approach by looking into what caused the problem in the first place, by removing the root of the problems we can eradicate the weeds in the garden. Note that just because I've had a "troubled" past does not mean that I'm not subject to change, I'm aware of the things that I do. Many will have issue with me, and that's perfectly fine just because one doesn't agree with something, should not mean that they are inherently wrong in that respect and should be shamed. While I'm no diverse hire like Jek, I fully stand behind supporting free speech on the server, not the sort of free speech that states "I can't be held responsible for my words because freedom of speech." Instead I encourage the freedom for people to speak out about issues plaguing the community and not being bashed for it, not everyone should have to duke things out behind DM's and have their own cult followings in discords, people should be able to civilly argue wherever they wish, whether in game or out. In conclusion, I believe that I would be a fine addition to the server due to my flexibility & rigidness of punishments, whilst also staying friendly to the community populace.

A

Artus

The first thing that popped in my mind seeing this staff app is that you are literally the most racist person in BLN and you somehow managed to talk about Jek and freedom of speech

"PK'ed Communist]I fully stand behind supporting free speech on the server said:
" Instead I encourage the freedom for people to speak out about issues plaguing the community and not being bashed for it,

J

jedijoebp

I believe paik could be a good staff.

now hear me out, i think paik has been around the community for such a long time and i think that he understands most of the rules. I think if he was given staff he'd probably mature alot and be someone who could be trusted to be staff, and paik has the understanding of like he said in his staff app, alot of problems can't be solved with simply warning or kicking someone for rdm, they need to be talked to about what happened. overall, i think paik could be a good staff,so +1

H

Hector

It's a -1 from me chief.

To keep it short, I simply don't trust you with staff powers given your extensive track record.

"PK'ed Communist]Uh said:
Note that just because I've had a "troubled" past does not mean that I'm not subject to change
I'd like to see improvement first before I can change my decision.

L

Lance

Not trying to be a dick bro but you have had a big disregard for the rules over my whole experience with you. You are a fun guy that loves to speak his mind, no matter what anyone thinks. That is good quality imo. But having 60 warns and then applying for staff is like a convict murdering someone then going for the role of a police officer after being arrested. He knows what he did wrong and wants to stop others from doing the same, but he still murdered someone. I know that analogy is extreme but it fits in this context.

I think you are totally able to change your ways bro, don't get me wrong. But I would like to see this first hand in person before I give a +1. After all, people have been denied staff for less than 60 warns. (What is that like 2 Perma bans? I think it was like 35 or something) I would be more than willing to change If I saw these changes made. I just need to see them.

"PK'ed Communist said:
I would like to point out that these are simply the results of a systematic oppression that is in a desired need of change.
So what do you plan to do as an individual to fix this system? Do you plan on making things more serious? Or less strict? Also, can you provide an example of this system when it is being oppressive? (Just curious tbh)

For now, however, it's a -1 from me.

T

Tyto

Its not like paik is doing this and nit expecting to be punished, the reason he is so mingy is to get punishment.

Basicly he can punish hin self

D

DahXenu

Its not like paik is doing this and nit expecting to be punished, the reason he is so mingy is to get punishment.Basicly he can punish hin self
and tyto is high on drugs yet again

A

Authority

ngl I don't trust you with staff powers

Sure you can be a responsible guy most of the time but I don't think you can handle not abusing your powers from time to time.

so -1

Last edited:
D

Dent

I can't speak for what some of the others have said, but this is just what I know of you. The very few interactions I've had with you lately have been horrible, extreme battalion disrespect and not listening to other leaders or staff if you feel like you don't have to. But I also know that when you sit down and actually put effort into not being stupid, you can be mature and an enjoyable person. That's the only thing stopping me from a -1, because like I said on a different application I want to give people a chance and if you can swallow your pride and listen to others better, I think you could grow to be a good staff member. Overall I'm Neutral.

H

Hector

"He has jokes in this staff application this isn't serious"
I don't think anyone has said that at all

In fact I appreciate it not being boring, and if it's a shitpost then goddamn it was a well-made one

I care less about the racism thing cause let's be honest, the only part of that rule that gets kinda enforced is anyone (that isn't resh) using the hard r

I haven't seen firsthand the issue with staff overinflating warns, though it's believable given we often don't give people any chances due to our opinion on them. Take Joker for example who rose CG lead and did a stellar job on an alt. Regardless, if that's happening, that's something you should take up with Bester, and provide examples.

You make some well-made points, but from my experiences with Paik, I simply don't think I can trust him as a staff member given his extensive track record. I'm not saying he can't step up to the occasion and improve, because I 110% believe he has the potential to become a good staff member. However, Anyone can be a good staff if they try and step up their game but that means nothing if there's little to no previous behavior to guarantee that'll happen. Like I have stated earlier, I'd like to see an improvement in his behavior before I can change my decision.

Last edited:
A

Authority

We were actually talking about that in 10th the other day about how staff think it is a meme to warn Paik for doing things everyone else does.
If it's really an issue, talk to Bester or Resh about it. It's not something to just hold on for yourself and allow it to keep happening.

H

Hector

If that's the case, then it might be an idea to do another thread regarding the issues with staff if it really is that big of a problem, not to make complaints about it in Paik's staff app, which would make it easy to ignore any issues that have been caused by him in the past, one coming to mind is him spamming Kalowski in DMs during his Merc CO tryout interview.

C

Crusty

If it's really an issue, talk to Bester or Resh about it. It's not something to just hold on for yourself and allow it to keep happening.
If that's the case, then it might be an idea to do another thread regarding the issues with staff if it really is that big of a problem, not to make complaints about it in Paik's staff app, which would make it easy to ignore the issues that have been caused in the past, one coming to mind is him spamming Kalowski in DMs during his Merc CO tryout interview.
The reason we're discussing unjustified warns in this thread, is because it pertains to paiks application. Wether or not we need a whole thread to talk about staff issues is redundant here, because this isnt about staff. The entire matter is about dismanteling the argument that paik shouldnt be staff because he has alot of warns.

A

Artus

The first thing that popped in my mind seeing this staff app is that you are literally the most racist person in BLN and you somehow managed to talk about Jek and freedom of speech
Btw this was a joke and im tying this in school but

A long time ago during a CO/XO meeting Paik said he was going to be extremely inactive because of his engineering thing but he still kinda pulled off being active recently. His activity rn is pretty stable and I don't see him going inactive in a long time

However, even though some of his warns are jokes, he still did some pretty warn worthy stuff like a lot, I don't think 60 of his warns are joke warns. Paik has for sure, has like half of his warns saying the Hard R or RDMing

But I really haven't seen Paik be serious since he was in RC as Boss i believe. Sometimes as 212th but not as much as I would like.

So overall I would be neutral.

Ok imma go to Track

Status
Not open for further replies.