Stuff some EMs maybe able to improve upon: Constructive Criticism Edition

M

Mouse

Because then we have some fucking smartass goingI dont have to take orders from [insert Character here]

Its why alot of people dont give their Officers Ranks either.

An Ensign giving us orders? I dont think so.

And then in the same breath they complain about EMs using higher ranked characters (which to a certain extent is completely valid criticism as there arent 300 Admirals in the Galaxy)

If you're using a Civilian they wont take orders because they're not military.

If you're using a Jedi they wont take orders because lmao we're clones we dont take orders from Jedi.

Its always the same.

You'd need an actor playing some Naval guy just standing next to you saying nothing, just to give your mission giver any sort of authority and thats just something that alot of people wont bother with.
I'm actually not too sure about that. We took orders from an old dude and a B2 in one of YOUR events and that was a hella weird but interesting event.

S

Spring

I'm actually not too sure about that. We took orders from an old dude and a B2 in one of YOUR events and that was a hella weird but interesting event.
LOL

C

Crusty

But that was only because the dude was an Officer with a rank, the robot was just there as a bodyguard/translator/to spice things up.

If you only send a robot people would be like hell no thats a trap.

501st SPC Acapelican

+1 to what Crusty said.

What did you think he meant by "Naval Guy standing next to you saying nothing"

S

Synergy

There are some criticisms I have certain events and things I'd like to see changed.

1) The wait time when we are waiting for EM's to set up is way to long: The set up takes about 30 ~35 mins and it feels a lot longer. I think that instead of having the before mission briefing on the venator, either the EM or someone should do that briefing while we are waiting in line. It would make it seem like not as long of a wait and people would actually remember what to do because people sometimes will forget because it takes so long to start the event. Also if other EM's are on, why not have them set up things like troops or minor things so they aren't spoiled to the event experience.

2) The health of the enemies, the bullet damage, and the fucking accuracy of enemies makes the experience only fun for the Jedi or people with more DPS. It's not fun to have enemies take 1/2 clip or more to take down and they have to only 2 shot you. It makes the gameplay boring and frustrating.

Those are somethings I have to say

J

jedijoebp

1) The wait time when we are waiting for EM's to set up is way to long: The set up takes about 30 ~35 mins and it feels a lot longer. I think that instead of having the before mission briefing on the venator, either the EM or someone should do that briefing while we are waiting in line. It would make it seem like not as long of a wait and people would actually remember what to do because people sometimes will forget because it takes so long to start the event. Also if other EM's are on, why not have them set up things like troops or minor things so they aren't spoiled to the event experience.
That's not a thing you can really change,plus,i've not seen a wait be 30 minutes,normally 20 or 10.

There's only really one way to get around this,and it's using advanced duplicator,then still you've got to set up actors,npcs,etc.

2) The health of the enemies, the bullet damage, and the fucking accuracy of enemies makes the experience only fun for the Jedi or people with more DPS. It's not fun to have enemies take 1/2 clip or more to take down and they have to only 2 shot you. It makes the gameplay boring and frustrating.
If droids only took a few shot's, you'd need so many droids that it would crash the server.

It's either, about 16 shots to take a droid , and bareable ping, or droids that instantly die when shot,shittonnes of them with perfect accuracy, with terrible ping and FPS.

K

Kerk

" ) The wait time when we are waiting for EM's to set up is way to long: The set up takes about 30 ~35 mins and it feels a lot longer. I think that instead of having the "

So like you know it would take longer if the em crashed or like a interloper

C

Crusty

If droids only took a few shot's, you'd need so many droids that it would crash the server.

It's either, about 16 shots to take a droid , and bareable ping, or droids that instantly die when shot,shittonnes of them with perfect accuracy, with terrible ping and FPS.
We can use this as a copypaste reply the next time someone asks that question (for the 50th time).

We have to understand that Gmod is an old as fuck game on a 14 year old engine that has so much shit taked onto it, that it's actually fairly impressive that it runs at all, let alone as well as it does.

Regarding event set up time i can only speak for myself, but using adv dupe lets us create fairly good atmoshpere in a manner of minutes, what takes time is placing npcs, briefing actors and the misc stuff that you only notice when you're on the map (its always the little things that take time).

Anyways, in my opinion any event that was preplanned atleast a day ahead of time, should have a set up time of 20 minutes MAX, seeing as you have enough time to prop shit in advance and if you didnt bother to do that, you're shit at your job.

Spur of the moment events take more time though. If there's nothing preplanned and we just whip something up to entertain people without any prior plan, you just need those 30 minutes, pretty much no good way around it.

K

Kerk

So like in events including myself why can't Event Officers go on ground, and be with other fleet to help coordinate attacks in missions?

• like making a FOB bunker then from there coordination of Communication of the em Officer -> Fleet -> troops to get a mission accomplished with more responsibility for Fleet to handle since we shouldn't just run straight into a npc and die 20x + earrape bombing strikes( That may not be involved or approved)

• Why do support vehicles get denied if our ship controls an area of a previous blockade? Like theres nothing preventing transport on open battle events like if it's like a cannon destroying transports then sure but once it's taken out, then vehicles should be accepted, but if there's like spooky ass sith shit then that's understandable.

J

jedijoebp

• like making a FOB bunker then from there coordination of Communication of the em Officer -> Fleet -> troops to get a mission accomplished with more responsibility for Fleet to handle since we shouldn't just run straight into a npc and die 20x + earrape bombing strikes( That may not be involved or approved)

• Why do support vehicles get denied if our ship controls an area of a previous blockade? Like theres nothing preventing transport on open battle events like if it's like a cannon destroying transports then sure but once it's taken out, then vehicles should be accepted, but if there's like spooky ass sith shit then that's understandable.
lag+lag and the em might not intend it

D

DahXenu

So like in events including myself why can't Event Officers go on ground, and be with other fleet to help coordinate attacks in missions? 

you are/were/idk an em how tf don't you know

C

Crusty

I never see a event Officer on ground tho
Probably because the Officer is busy running the event.

If you're actually putting work into what you're doing, you wont have the time to act as your own Officer on planet.

Even if you're not busy coordinating/spawning/propping, you should still be flying around the map to see what exactly is happening so you can adapt to the players choices.

This is something that some EMs still havent understood.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY TO ACT DURING YOUR OWN EVENT

obviously there are some exemptions to this rule, for example when you have someone helping you with spawning/rp while you act, so the troopers arent left alone.

J

jedijoebp

Probably because the Officer is busy running the event.If you're actually putting work into what you're doing, you wont have the time to act as your own Officer on planet.

Even if you're not busy coordinating/spawning/propping, you should still be flying around the map to see what exactly is happening so you can adapt to the players choices.

This is something that some EMs still havent understood.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY TO ACT DURING YOUR OWN EVENT

obviously there are some exemptions to this rule, for example when you have someone helping you with spawning/rp while you act, so the troopers arent left alone.[/quote i was gonna say this

T

Theseus

New So like in events including myself why can't Event Officers go on ground, and be with other fleet to help coordinate attacks in missions?
A. Why should they go on ground? Officers(especially the op ass high ranking ones that everyone makes their officer as) aren't even supposed to be there I thought [on the ground***]

B. Why every event need artillery artillery annoying

501st SPC Acapelican

the em might not intend it
I firmly agree with the issue of lag to counter the point of vehicles, but I firmly believe EM's should be prepared to spawn vehicles if the mission says it's within reason. At least a TX-130 or BARC Speeder, they aren't even that crazy. They can be countered by ground droids, and aren't really that much of a game changer. One tank is nice, it pushes fast, and it clearly assists in moving during combat, but it doesn't instantly turn the tide of event battles. If the thing stopping vehicles from reasonably coming out is destroyed, there shouldn't be much issue giving them a tank, especially with how packed full of vehicles a Venator can be.

K

Kerk

I firmly agree with the issue of lag to counter the point of vehicles, but I firmly believe EM's should be prepared to spawn vehicles if the mission says it's within reason. At least a TX-130 or BARC Speeder, they aren't even that crazy. They can be countered by ground droids, and aren't really that much of a game changer. One tank is nice, it pushes fast, and it clearly assists in moving during combat, but it doesn't instantly turn the tide of event battles. If the thing stopping vehicles from reasonably coming out is destroyed, there shouldn't be much issue giving them a tank, especially with how packed full of vehicles a Venator can be.
My 1st one might of been good or fucken retarded but yeah like if it's a open field battle AND WE CONTROL THE SKY there should be like a objective to kill AA guns that destroy Laats with vehicles holdings vehicles, once it's taken vehicles actually should be accessable