Haminator

Steam Name:

BOT Hammy

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:424504623

Hours played on the server:

1 week 3 days 4 hours (aka ~~244 hours)

What is your age?

Do you have previous experience as a staff member on other servers?

No i do not.

What attributes can you bring to our server?

I believe that I can bring fairness, empathy, activity, safe environment, patience, and general help that anyone needs. I've played this server for the past couple of months and I've already stacked up a lot of hours. I hope that with my presence I can be a calm, patience, and empathetic voice for situations when that is needed. And I will be able to deal out a warning when necessary.

Do you think you're mature enough to be a moderator for our server?

Yes, I believe that I am a very mature person.

Will you be active on our server?

in short... Yes I believe that I can be mostly active during hours and sometimes off hours.

Do you have a microphone that you can use to communicate and quickly solve problems?

Yes I've got a cool blue yeti microphone and I can type fast just in case the other party I work with cannot hear my mic for some reason.

Do you know all the rules for the server?

Yes I know most of the rules of the server. I realize that i lot of it is common sense and in during this time of being an EM I've been able to witness some of these rules being broken.

Do you think our community respects you enough to become a moderator on the server?

in short yes, I believe I am respected enough to become a moderator. That being said I do hope that I've created a friendly impression to all of the people I've met and that I do not come off as a toxic person. Because I truly care about this community.

Have you ever been punished on our server? If so, what were you punished for?

No I have not

Why should we promote you to staff? (at least 100 words)

I think the reason why I should be promoted to staff is because of my ability to listen to people, seriousness, and activity. As an EM I have seen a lot of scenarios on how staff works. Although I've never actually been apart of staff I've seen it at least from the backgrounds. I'm very invested in this community and If I wasn't i wouldn't have spent this much time on 1 server. I truly think this is a 1 in a kind server with a lot of cool people. I know I can bring an unbiased opinion. Whether that person have an hour on the server to a person who has 3092 hours on the server.

Why do you want to be staff?

I want to become staff just to help grow this community and help make it a less toxic/mingy place. Being able to help people is something that i feel is important when acquiring this role whether it be giving someone information they might not have realized or help in general. I also want to be staff so that I can bring a unbiased perspective with me so that I can administer fair and reasonable punishments With my experience with Eming I feel like I can also help around with sims, or help create something to pass the time while events are not going on. Also if allowed to I would love to help with programming/making addons to help the server grow.

H

Hector

You may not know this since there's nothing written about this anywhere other than older staff apps, but by applying for Staff, you will lose the role and whitelist to Eventmaster, regardless of getting accepted or denied. Are you sure that you want to drop EM for applying for Staff?

EDIT: Just learned that you did resign from EM according to others.

That being said, if you want to go through with this, I want to ask why you want to make this change from Eventmaster to Staff?

I would like to hear this before I'd leave any further thoughts.

Last edited:
T

TheShotz

-1 Because of this; You joined the EM team around 7/26 and since then (no offense) have done very few events to my knowledge. This just shows to me that you desire the power to do stuff on the server, whilst having less of an active role. IMO Staff's job is a lot more passive than an EM who builds events, does events and has quota's to fill, whilst a Staff members whitelists and deals with issues that happen and are not planned. All together I think that this in general shows me you are unfit for staff.

H

Haminator

You may not know this since there's nothing written about this anywhere other than older staff apps, but by applying for Staff, you will lose the role and whitelist to Eventmaster, regardless of getting accepted or denied. Are you sure that you want to drop EM for applying for Staff?
EDIT: Just learned that you did resign from EM according to others.

That being said, if you want to go through with this, I want to ask why you want to make this change from Eventmaster to Staff?

I would like to hear this before I'd leave any further thoughts.
The biggest thing with Eming was that I haven't been enjoying my time doing it. I feel creatively choked in a lot of different ways but that's against the point. The reason why I want to make the change is because although I don't want to be an EM I still want to help this community grow and be a better place. Whether that be me helping with Lua coding or if that be by me becoming a staff member and helping people out.

K

Krill

+1 Although this may seem a bit biased due to me being Sunshine’s CO, in 212th, I’ve got a more hands on experience with Sunshine. He is probably my most active 212th, putting in hours almost everyday into 212th for me. As an EM Sunshine was quick to respond to others when they wanted a sim set up and tries to help me get a staff member for a whitelist, when no staff are responding. In short, I feel he would be a perfect additions to the staff team.

S

Spring

The biggest thing with Eming was that I haven't been enjoying my time doing it. I feel creatively choked in a lot of different ways but that's against the point. The reason why I want to make the change is because although I don't want to be an EM I still want to help this community grow and be a better place. Whether that be me helping with Lua coding or if that be by me becoming a staff member and helping people out.
I do agree and understand the creative choke and it's real lmao. I say let's see how it goes with training for staff.

H

Hector

My main concerns are

1. From what I have heard from others, you did not inform Pluto that you were resigning from Eventmaster. This is a red flag for me related to communication skills, or a lack of.

2. Your app feels relatively cookie-cutter. Nothing significant stands out to me. There's also a couple of spelling errors/typos, suggesting that you could have spent more time proof-reading your staff app.

I'm sure you're a cool guy and that you have good intentions but there's not much that shows that you're staff material to me. With my points as well as some of Saint's, I'll be leaving a -1.

H

Haminator

My main concerns are
1. From what I have heard from others, you did not inform Pluto that you were resigning from Eventmaster. This is a red flag for me related to communication skills, or a lack of.

2. Your app feels relatively cookie-cutter. Nothing significant stands out to me. There's also a couple of spelling errors/typos, suggesting that you could have spent more time proof-reading your staff app.

I'm sure you're a cool guy and that you have good intentions but there's not much that shows that you're staff material to me. With my points as well as some of Saint's, I'll be leaving a -1.
I told the entire eventmaster chat that I was resigning. If my staff app looks cookie cutter I apologize but I do not think basing someone's abilities are intentions off of grammatical errors is very fair. I will say this against valerians point. Why should I do something i do not enjoy? Thank you for you time and looking over my staff app I do appreciate that very much.

8925 Golden

Hector and Val have both stated my concerns with you becoming staff and your staff app in general so to not repeat them im just going to say its a -1 from me, sorry bro.

S

Spring

My main concerns are

I can vouch for him saying in em chat he was "thinking about resigning"

Also tbh, a staff member imo needs to be serious, activity, and unbiased opinion. That's really it, and having something "extraordinary" is really respect is all. I think sunrise has really good intentions of staff, and if he's accepted he will get the training he needs from staff.

From my understanding he has no account of abuse either from his powers.

The only thing I can say is to give it time and communication with staff and the head of em.

I would've contacted Pluto about leaving and mentioning applying for staff. Then I would talk to the head admins about joining. All in the communication bby

H

Haminator

I can vouch for him saying in em chat he was "thinking about resigning"
Also tbh, a staff member imo needs to be serious, activity, and unbiased opinion. That's really it, and having something "extraordinary" is really respect is all. I think sunrise has really good intentions of staff, and if he's accepted he will get the training he needs from staff.

From my understanding he has no account of abuse either from his powers.

The only thing I can say is to give it time and communication with staff and the head of em.

I would've contacted Pluto about leaving and mentioning applying for staff. Then I would talk to the head admins about joining. All in the communication bby
100% this is a very fair point. In hind sight there should've announced my leave a lot more and I guess I assumed more than I should've. This was 100% a learning experience for me. I appreciate you looking over my staff application

D

Dent

I think all the points that I would have brought out have been already so I won't beat a dead horse but I did figure we needed some more staff to comment on this.

Overall I really do like Sunshine and think he could be a good fit, but the things that have been brought up do show some improvements are needed. My advice would be to really think what you can offer the team in a meaningful way and make yourself stand out a bit more on the application, as well as letting some time go by with no powers on the server. That way we can also see how you react to having nothing while trying to do better and stand out more.

The only reason I am giving this a -1 instead of a 0 is because I hate being neutral.

H

Haminator

I think all the points that I would have brought out have been already so I won't beat a dead horse but I did figure we needed some more staff to comment on this.
Overall I really do like Sunshine and think he could be a good fit, but the things that have been brought up do show some improvements are needed. My advice would be to really think what you can offer the team in a meaningful way and make yourself stand out a bit more on the application, as well as letting some time go by with no powers on the server. That way we can also see how you react to having nothing while trying to do better and stand out more.

The only reason I am giving this a -1 instead of a 0 is because I hate being neutral.
yeah bro I think that's a fair point thank you for looking over my application!

B

Bester

Sorry, This was supposed to be responded to yesterday, however. As it stands one of the major concerns from myself specifically is the lack of communication showed when you applied for staff and did not attempt to communicate with Pluto that you were going for staff.

Alongside that some members of staff were put off by how plain your application seemed to be, They'd like more information from it. I'd ask that you reapply in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.